4 - Prove Your Ability

"Those cowards!" Livius tossed some papers from his desk out of flaring anger not at all pleased with the recent news. He killed one of their own and now they are getting back at him, is that it?

You and Neil rush in after hearing the commotion worried about Livius. "Livi, what happened?" You spoke up first while stopping to see papers everywhere. "The Ministry of Priesthood wont approve of our marriage, because she's a foreigner." He hated hearing that considering his mother was the same.

"Oh.." It was a conflicting feeling. One part of you was glad you didn't have to marry him then again a bigger part was hurt to not be approved. The struggle inside you was so confusing all the dang time.

Livius continues. "They want her to take the Rite of Illumination to prove that she is able to be my wife." Neil looked down knowing what that meant. "What? What's wrong?" You didn't like how dark the room's atmosphere had gotten. "No Princess lives when going to take the Rite of Illumination. Unless the Ministry likes the Princess."

"It's a trap! (Y/N), you don't need to do this. I'll figure something out." He sat back in his chair and turns away some.

"....I'll do it." You felt like in a way you could protect Livi and prove the Ministry wrong. There wasn't anything special about you, but you were determined to do this despite what Livius says.

Livius and Neil stare at you as if you grew a third head. "Did you not just hear me say that it's a trap?"

You lower your gaze nodding. "I still want to do it. I'll prove that I'm good enough to be your wife." Oh god that sounded better in your head. Stupid Princess, stupid.

He rests his cheek against his knuckles letting a smirk tug at his lips. "Finally accepted being called my wife?" That earned a pot of flowers being tossed at him, minutes the pot. "Hmph!" Off you go to get ready for that test.

*~(Time skip because I'm to tired to do more on him messing with you, you threw flowers at his face that's good .)~*

Dressed in casual attire so it's easy to move you didn't make it to informal but tried to make it look nice. Either way you were going like this. Out you stood before the Ministry as a certain male gave you a dirty look. It was the high priest..something about him felt off.

Instructed on what to do you nod your head and head on inside alone with your torch to light the way as each step was taken with caution. Livius could be right about this being a trap and you weren't going to ignore your intuition.

Upon arriving at what you assumed to be the place where the ring is held you see that there is nothing inside. "Get her!" A masked figure shouts swinging a sword your way.

Barely dodging it you move back and point your torch at them. "Where is the ring!?" The men surrounding you chuckle. "Like we'd let some foreigner rule with that black hearted King."

Again and again you play the offense card dodging and even using the stick on the torch to help you. An idea comes to mind as you spot a back path. While tossing the stick in water to put it out you make a run for it in the dark knowing the path you needed to go. The path led you to a watery path like area which you didn't mind as long as you got away. "Livius was right after all," you whisper.

"This is why you should listen to me." A voice from behind speaks up startling you. He covered your mouth panicked that you might start a commotion if you scream. "Calm down it's me (Y/N)."

Released you set you back against the wall mad he even came because he broke the rule though not like it mattered since the ring isn't even here. "There's no ring...I can't pass." Now that you said it out loud you felt a stronger pain in your chest. You can't get married to Livius.