Chapter 8

I DO NOT OWN GRAVITY FALLS.

(Addie's POV)

I'm sitting at an elongated table on a stage. Next to me is Emma and two others. The presenter started to talk about the rules and what ever. All I was doing was staring into the crowd until I located my family. Mum, dad, Joshua, Wren, Miracle, Mabel, Chris, Oscar and Edward. Next to them sat Owen. I waved to him, he waved back. Then, the presenter had a stopwatch. A claxon sounded and he pressed the start button. I picked up my pen and started to write.

I was sitting with my family in the crowd. The writing was over and the judges had just finished judging the results. The presenter was up on the stage holding an envelope. "I have in this envelope, the results of the competition. I want to let you know that we had a tough decision, but the winner is Adelaide Beatrice Pines."

I stood up and ran up to the podium to collect my trophy. I grabbed it and thanked the presenter. I stepped up to the mic. "I'd like to thank my parents and my siblings, and basically my whole family, for their help, I'd also like to thank the other competitors for being such good sports, and I'd like to thank all of you for being such a good audience."

I left the stage holding my trophy and walked over to my family. Even though Emma didn't win, Mabel was still happy that I did. I hug all my siblings in turn. I go to hug Miracle but he wasn't there. I turn to see him and Emma duck behind a wall. I go and hide near them. I see Miracle hand Emma $20. I strain to hear them. I can just about hear Miracle. "Ok, so, this money buys your silence. No one can ever know you threw the match so Addie could win."

I stepped out from around the wall, tears streaming down my face. "Miracle, how could you?"

"Addie, it's not what it looks like."

"HOW COULD YOU? HOW COULD YOU NOT BELIEVE IN ME?" At this point tears were on like a tap. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE OF MY SIBLINGS THAT CARED! I THOUGHT YOU CARED! I HATE YOU!"

I ran, I ran past my brother and sister, last my mum and dad. I ran until I got home. I ran up to my room and lay on my bed. I cried and I couldn't stop.