Chapter 12

I DO NOT OWN GRAVITY FALLS. ALSO, LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING THE FLASHBACKS.

(Addie's POV)

He put his hands on my cheeks. I knew what was going to come next. He kissed me. As he did, the whole world seemed to freeze as I was hit with wave after wave off flashback.

FLASHBACKS:

The first time we met:

I was three years old, having at this age, already come to terms with having no friends, it was lunch and every one else was outside playing games. I was watching playhouse Disney on the kindergarten TV. I heard a voice from behind me.

"Hello."

I looked around, there was no one else near me apart from this boy. "Hello, me? You're talking to me?"

"Yes. I like you, you're funny. Can I sit here." He pointed to a seat beside me.

"Sure. I'm Addie Pines."

"I'm Owen Rader."

The Bullies:

I was sitting on a bench in the elementary school playground, when 3 boys came and threw my glasses on the floor. (I wore glasses back then)

Then, Owen came over. "Leave her alone."

"What are you gonna do about it?" They boy at the front then proceeded to laugh with his friends. Owen spin around on the spot and kicked him. The boy fell on the ground and his friends picked him up and ran off. Owen then got down on his knees, (like a proposal stance) and picked up and gave me my glasses back. "Here you go."

"Thanks."

My birthday party:

It was my 13th birthday. I had invited a lot off people but all that turned up where my siblings and Owen, but I didn't care, Owen was there and that was all that mattered. I don't know why, but I felt differently about him that day.

FLASHBACK OVER:

He released me from his loving embrace. I looked up at him, my knees like jelly. I held onto his shoulders, fearing that I was going to fall over. He brushed a stray strand of hair out of my face. He moved my hands down off of his shoulders and held them. I smiled and he smiled back. We walked away from the dance floor Owen looked into my eyes. "Addie, I love you. Would you be my girlfriend."

I smile and start to blush. "Owen, you've been one off the biggest parts off my life since I can remember. I never thought I would find anyone who I would love, let alone someone who would love me back, but here you are. I could never imagine anyone else to be with."

"Is that a yes?"

I kissed him again. "Of coarse."

Wren and Joshua came over to me and gave me hugs. Joshua slapped Owen on the back. "Good for you man. But, that being said, she is my sister, so if you break her heart," he cracked his knuckles, "I will break you."

We all laughed at his remark. Owen taps Joshua on the shoulder. "Aren't you meant to be playing the music."

Joshua ran up to the music stage. Wren came up to me and leaned on my shoulder. "You see why you had to come now Addie."

"Yes. Thank you so much."

"You know I'm not the only one you should be thanking."

She gestured over to the wall were Miracle was leaning. I nodded and walked over to him. "Miracle?"

He looked up at me.

"I'm sorry for how I acted, it was immature and I should have known you were just looking out for me."

"Its OK. I should have believed in you."

He looked down at the floor and sighed.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

He collapsed onto my shoulder. It went wet as a stream off tears landed on it. "Joey. He, broke up with me. After all the time we spent together, he dumbed me for that new Latino kid."

I lifted up his head and looked into his eyes. "Forget about him. He's blind if he can't see what he's giving up. You are an amazing person who cares about everyone and has so much to offer. You are romantic and funny and any guy is lucky to have you. And if he can't see that, then he can go to hell." He smiles a little. I lifted some money out of my purse. "Come on," I gesture to the door. "I have a slice of pizza with your name on it."

I hoisted him up so his arm was around my shoulder. Owen came over and put his arm around me. Then Wren came and put Miracle's arm around her. I looked back to see Joshua talking to a girl in a turquoise dress. I could just make out what they were saying. "So, you must be the bad boy I've heard so much about."

"Sorry to disappoint, but I try not to do that any more."

"Ooh. I've always liked a guy who's reformed."

I turn back and smile. This family is going to survive the world. I always knew it would.