Chapter one

The lights die for us to see darkness,
Darkness that we all fear.
But do not worry,
Because i will be right here. 
                                      -Andrea Alcantara(me)

I walked around the "palace" with Adam leading. Alice was still sad and currently in her room. If she was really my sister, I would like to apologize. I would like to get to know her. She seems like a intelligent young girl. I hope she will understand how i feel.

"Umm Adam can i see Alice my.. Uh-Sister?" I hesitated. He gave me a warm reassuring smile and told me it was no problem. We walked down the halls and was lead up to a marvelously made double doors with a silver plate that has Alice engraved on it in cursive letters. Wow.

There were two women there guarding the door. The gave me and Adam a bow and salute before opening the doors. I was astonished by the perfection that this room.

Creme pink walls with fresh roses coming in from outside her window. A four post bed with the same colored sheets. Red and pastel pink pillows crowned her bed along with the Canopies.

A light pink couch with white pillows, a grand piano along side with a violin and clarinet.

A light pink rose chandelier hung beautifully in the middle of the room. Her vanity is white and filled with pink makeup brushed and makeup. "How old is Alice?" I asked Adam in a whispering manner. "Fifteen." He said back. I did an ohh. Alice came out of another door placed on the side of the room. "I shall leave you two to "patch things up."" Adam said with air quotes.

"Hey." She said offering me a smile. She was holding something back by the look in her eye. "Hey what's wrong?"I asked. Her facial expressions changed to a sad one. "Can i hug you?" She asked. She looked like she could break any moment.

"Of course you don't have to ask. I am your sister anyways." I smiled. She perked up and sped to me. She jumped up and tackled me in a big hug. Damn this girl is strong.

"Oh my gosh that felt complete." She smiled. "Im sorry, i lack of parental affection. They died a long time ago and left me. I thought you were dead but last week we found your heat signature at another planet." She said. Giving me one last squeeze.

"Can you please explain how life works here in Xine?" I asked. "Oh sire. Have a seat. Life works here the same way life work in earth But we live a hundred more years than humans.

We speak English. Trust me. But we can learn any language there is in the universe. We have school. Advance maths, english, Xine history, Physical Training and so on.
Dating is also available. We have the same emotions as humans, but we do not greed.

We love helping, we love nature, yeah. We still do have the stereotype, just like on earth." She said.

"But you are not just a xian, you are Empress, or as we call it. Princess. You are leader of the planet." She added. I did a double take here. "How, I barely know anything about this planet and im practically raised human." I waved.

"Yes we know. But you will learn to live the life we have. Plus you can have anything you want, when you want it. But you still have to go to College. I took your grades and papers back at earth and sent them to a university here. You are taking up law right? Perfect for a princess. " she mumbled

"Oh okay. Is there a mall here?" I asked getting a bit girly. Just looking at her room got me all girly. "YES!" She squealed. She took my hand and and went down. "Wait is my name still Miranda?" I asked.

"Yes. You are called Princess Miranda of Xine." I smiled. It was catchy. "What yours?" I followed up. "It's Alice Marie of Xine. I will get the princess title as soon as you get married. Then you will be called Queen." She said in a dreamy manner.