Chapter two

Crazy eyes,
Crazy lives,
Pretty lies,
But only the sane dies.
                   (Andrea Alcantara)

I woke up feeling the cloud like comforter around my body and silky sheets between my feet. I had no struggle to find sleep last night. I opened my eyes and saw my humongous room. I smiled at the strawberry scent.

They adapted real well in human life. Or should i say that I was the one who adapted well? But somehow, somewhere, my heart felt a little shallow. My body felt sad and a pit in my stomach felt home sick.

"Knock, knock." A male voice said as he went inside my room. Wow. Just wow. I stared at him at awe but shifted back quickly. "Who are you?"

"Well Princess, If you're parents were still alive, i would say that im you're fiancé but since they Passed l, I am Taylor." He said giving me a perfect view of his pearly whites. Damn.

"Fiancé?" I asked bewildered. "We were always arranged but then the war struck. Our Parents died, you were hidden in earth. And I was In far East." He said "I heard about you being back and I just cant wait to see you. " he smiled. "But do not worry I am just here to see you and to get to know you as a friend." He convinced.

"Well that's good." I said. I suddenly can smell the scent of metallic blood. It is so strong, it made me scared. "I SMELL STRAWBERRIES AND BLOOD!!" I said to Taylor.

His eyes widen. "Strawberries? I can smell blood but. Strawberries?!" He said. He went outside and yelled a name before returning to the room. I heard light swishing of wind. And the beautiful scent came in stronger.

Then a woman, floating in the air! Dropped to her feet and stared at me, mix emotions evident in her eyes. "YOU WERE FLOATING!" I accused. She chuckled. "I did Princess."

I stared at her in a weird manner, having a weird feeling in my stomach. "What are you?" I asked the pale, floating woman. "You mean, who are you?" She joke but I didn't give. "I am Desdemona Adreana Ambrose. At your service." She introduced. "You didn't answer my question." I stated.

She sighed and floated into a sitting position. " I am the heir off the underworld. Well this under world." She said scratching the back of her neck. "That makes you..." "Child of the devil." She continued. Giving me a toothy smile, allowing me to see her pearly white... Fangs. "Vampire?" I dared. "Vampire. Whatever humans call me." She said, stroking her LONG midnight black hair.

Taylor was long gone. And we were the only ones in the room. I stood up from my bed exposing my skin to her. Lust filled her eyes and a few other emotions. "Why do you smell like strawberries and blood?"I interrogated.

"Well I smell of blood because i just fed myself. And i smell like strawberries to you because i. Am your. Mate." She said floating near my face. I fell back to my bed as she went back on her feet, coming closer and closer. Her hands went to both my sides.

"WOAH WHOAH WOAH. HOLD UP. this might be a misunderstanding. I am STRAIGHT. You are practically a BLOOD SUCKER. And i am really confused." I said jumping out of bed.

Alice came into the room in her high school uniform. "MIRANDA. This is Desdemona. I called her to look after you while im gone. Dont freak out." She explained. "But. But. She told me that i am her mate. WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN." I outraged.

Alice's eye widened and suddenly filled up with excitement. "THATS GREAT! We'll talk about this when i come home. I'll bring someone old enough to explain to you what happening." She piped as she gave me a kiss on the cheek, leaving the room and probably the palace.

My stomach went mad with starvation. So i went to the kitchen, ignoring the presence of Desdemona.

Food was already scattered around the table. Human food. Yum. POPTARTS! I saw POPTARTS. I hurriedly opened a packet and heated it up on the machine that resembled to a toaster.

Desdemona came and sat beside me on the couch, i was still ignoring her and the fact this living room IS GIGANTIC. She had placed her bag on the coffee table in front of me-us. It looked like it contained some sort of liquid.

She tapped on the table twice to reveal a unit less television. It was huge. Almost like it was being projected. She began watching something that i do not know.

That gave me time to study her. Her pale skin was different from ours. The people of Xine had pale skin just like the humans. Only a tad lighter and more glowing. The "royals" had a blue undertone but only up close. Hers had a grey undertone. It screams vampire.

She had Long midnight black hair that almost reached mid bum. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of black. Her lips resembles the lips of Cara D. (Model/actress) so does her eyebrows. She was eye candy.

She looked at me and smiled. "Hey. You do know that you're going to tell the whole planet that you have returned tonight." She reminded. "Yeah i know." I said. "You want me to explain us." She offered. "Yes please."

"Well to start of. I am your mate. That means we are each others half. We are destined for each other no matter how cheesy it sounds. Female or not, vampire or not. If you accept then we will be together, like lovers. If you reject it wouldn't be long till you die. And since im immortal, i stab myself with a stake. Or I burn myself. " she explained.

"You will be queen of Astrynth the underworld and Xine. And you are still able to reproduce. As soon as you willing to turn." She added. "What do you mean turn?" I asked. "Turn into me. A 'vampire'" she said.

I took a deep breath and weighed the pros and cons. She looks hot, being a vampire would be cool, being queen of two worlds is new, she is hot. But i have never been in a relationship more or less with a girl. And She is technically a demon.

Im in deep shit.

"Where are your parents?"

"They died fighting side by side with your parents. They were really close and i took care of Alice when they died. I could have saved them. But they used fire, and I wasn't experienced enough. So i hid your sister and went back to the palace after the war was over."

"I'm sorry. Thanks for looking after Alice. It should have been me. But i have no idea." I said. "My brother took you to earth." She said and i perked up. "What?! Why?" I asked.

"You're parents requested him to. Then he came back here to be killed by the enemy." She said sadly. "It's okay. I'm here. I appreciate what your brother has done for me and this planet." I said filled with gratitude.

"I'm glad that he did it. Or else I would have never the chance to meet you." She said staring lovingly into my eyes. "You're sweet." I said and her eyes lit up. "But i have to let ALL of this sink in before you sink your teeth in me." I joked. She laughed along. "Very well." I'll go get the chef to make you some human lunch." She said walking off to the kitchen.

She returned with a plate of fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. Yum. "Eat up Princess, you'll need the energy." She said handing me the plate. I slowly devoured into the food. Feeling happy to eat human food.

Desdemona opened her bag and took out a clear packet of red liquid. Obviously blood. I wasn't disturbed by this but i was wondering what kind of blood it was. "Lamb blood." She said. "How- "i can read your mind Princess." She giggled as my cheeks flushed pink.

She poked a straw in it and started to sip. Her skin started glowing a little and her eyes changed into a grey color. Blood lust was evident on her face.

I could get used to this fantasy world i am living in. AND HEY im not crazy yet.
Key word . Yet.