Summary.

*Girl in an all boy's school story* Quaerere Discere Vincere: To Seek, To Learn, To Conquer. The motto of Ashwood College, the most influential and best regarded school in Europe if not the entire world, is designed to inspire pupils to advance themselves and to become the best they can possibly be (which generally for the school that means becoming as very powerful and wealthy as possible). But all this motto inspires Emily to do as she approaches the formidable gates is to change it to better fit her own circumstances: To seek, to learn, to hide.

Eighteen year old Emily Grayson needs to esacpe. Due to circumstances mainly beyond her control she needs to lay low for a while and without any help being available from her friends and family Ashwood college seems like a good enough hideaway at such short notice. Unfortunately Emily isn't there as a pupil, or even as Emily Grayson but as Emily Hamilton: part-time substitute teacher and full-time matron of a boarding house filled to the brim with pubescent boys. That's right, after lying about her age and skillfully conterfeiting a few documents to obtain the relevant qualifications Emily Grayson is now Miss Hamilton: employee of the famous private, boys-only Ashwood College boarding school.