Chapter Three

Once the initial shock of the sparks wore off I was quick to twist out of the hold of the person holding me, despite the many protests that my creature offered. Jerking around I looked up in shock at the beautiful man. "What are you?" I questioned as I stared at him.

For his part, the man looked just as shocked, if not more so, than myself. "What am I?" He questioned in disbelief.

About to respond with something that I thought was really clever but in reality probably would have sounded really dumb; the woman whom I had yet to see interrupted me. "Zander," the man's eyes flickered. "Step down, that is an order."

Pulling my eyes off of the man, Zander, I looked towards the woman.

She looked as if she had been cast in ice and snow. Her hair was a white blond that couldn't be natural, yet had to be as there was no box that could fabricate the color. Blue eyes that were a pale, pale blue ringed in a deep indigo were set in a delicate face. Skin that would have made Snow White jealous rounded around soft curves that hid any sharp edges that might break the sense of soft coldness.

Looking away from the woman I looked back at Zander, making eye contact that sent a thrill of pure energy zipping through my creature. "So Zander," I drawled, watching as a shiver went down his spine as I said his name. "Are you going to tell me what you are and how you did that thing with the sparks?" I asked.

Before Zander could answer our little world was shattered by the voice of another outsider, this time, someone who was standing behind me. "Aries, come back to your rooms." The familiar voice of my head nurse broke my concentration and I turned my head to look at her.

The head nurse, Layla, had once been as beautiful as her name implied. Her once exotic black hair, a gift from her Hawaiian heritage, was now streaked through with strands of silver. Her shapely body had been warped from the birth of her three sons so it now more closely resembled that of Molly Weasly from Harry Potter. The only winkles that adorned Layla's darkly tanned skin were laugh and smile lines, her brown eyes still sparkled with humor, even in this serious circumstance.

Narrowing my eyes at Layla's order, I struggled to contain the creature that was within me. The creature wanted more of the tingles, and it wanted to know who this Zander thought he was.

Turning my back on Layla, I found myself face to chest with Zander, him having moved closer while I was distracted by my nurse. Looking up, I met Zander's eyes, my hand reaching out to grab onto his arm.

Immediately the sparks went off again, spreading from our point of contact and traveling through my body, and as the sparks spread it seemed as if the world was zooming in, leaving only Zander and I.

Zander's eyes went slit thin, his body shaking in a shiver before his eyes exploded open, the green of the irises surrounded the oval pupil. Gasping at the sight of his eyes, I felt the creature go still, shock coursing through all parts of me.

"You're a Creature!" I gasped, dropping my hand and stepping back.

Zander didn't seem to like this, a growl ripping through his throat as he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me, causing a cascade of sparks to fill my body, making my eyes shut in pure ecstasy.

It was impossible for me to get closer to him, yet I still found myself burrowing into his chest, until suddenly cool air hit me from all angles. My pleasure warmed skin prickled with goose bumps as my eyes flew open, knowing that they had turned from their normal mocha brown to the slit green.