Chapter Six

5 years later

I gasped as the air was knocked out of me, my body slamming into the ground. I rolled quickly to the side in time to avoid Virgo, or Casey as I had learned to call her, slamming on top of me. Jerking to my feet I faces my heavily breathing opponent for two seconds before I launched a punch to her jaw. I felt her face turn in the direction my momentum carried it and I felt my knuckles shift and clack together, a slightly painful sensation that I was used to after years of training.

Casey's head snapped back and I saw that the blood was once again dripping from the corner of her mouth, she had probably bitten her cheek as she usually did when she took a hit to the face, and her eyes were snapping with humor and adrenalin. She glanced briefly to the side and spit to clear her mouth, leaving herself open and vulnerable to when I swept my feet, taking hers out from beneath her and sending her sprawling on the ground.

Casey was about to jump to her feet when a buzzer sounded, causing both of us to immediately turn towards the one door that allowed entrance into room we were in. The buzzer was a key to end anything potentially deadly that we were doing while another person entered, and when the large metal door opened Pisces stepped into the room.

Pisces, or Jenna, was the girl who had crashed into Casey that fatal day. That interaction basically summed up every interaction anyone would have with Jenna. The girl looked like grace personified, with her long, wavy black hair and delicate facial features that were dominated by her full lips, large brown eyes, and amazing cheek bones. Her thin body was short and curvy, and her skin tone made it appear as if her life had been lived outdoors, a gift she attributed to her Puerto Rican ancestors.

That was where her grace ended.

She couldn't walk in a straight line on a flat piece of land without tripping, much less fight with any accuracy or talent. She was horrendous at assembling guns or hitting targets and god help you if you tried to eat anything that she cooked. Although, for all her faults, if you needed anything off of a computer your best bet was to go to Jenna.

The girl was a whiz with electronics. She could hack better than most of the government's hackers, and we knew because they tested her, and if there was a wire out of place on a circuit board she could find it in under ten seconds. What she lacked in grace, Jenna made up for in intelligence.

Now she flashed Casey and I a dazzling smile. "Hey, Layla thinks that the boys will be back soon, she said it would be better if the two of you weren't covered in blood when you hugged them." She said with a laugh as she looked at my blood covered sports bra and yoga pants. Casey didn't look much better, but there was definitely more blood on her face while I had more bruises on my torso.

Casey chuckled and stood from the ground before she walked towards where we had stacked some towels, I restrained a grin when I saw that she was walking with a slight limp, two more minutes and I would have won the bout. "Thanks Jen," Casey chirped as she raised the towel to her face. When the towel was pulled away the white threads were stained crimson. "Tess, you need to stop targeting my face! If we go out in public, I'll have to make some BS story about being in an abusive relationship and you know that Aiden hate that!" She snapped as she looked at her reflection in the one-way mirror.

Aiden, or Taurus, had quickly became extremely attached to Casey, and it hadn't taken long for the two to form a relationship. The scientists had at first forbidden the relationship, but then they had noticed some weird hormone that was only present when the two were together. Ever since then they were always together, and Aiden was crazy over protective of Casey.