Chapter Four

Zander looked slightly shocked to see the four of us standing outside of the room he had been locked in, and slightly more shocked to see the unconscious guards slumped on the ground. But he kept his cool, striding out the door before taking a second to look at the other creatures. "Thanks," He said gruffly sticking out his hand to shake, which Scorpio was about to take when the sound of boots hitting tiles sounded from down to the hallway.

Turning around I watched as the largest group of guards I had ever seen since coming to the Experiment bore down on us their eyes hard and their hands clutching Tasers. Before I could turn to ask what we were going to do, I felt the familiar sparks on my arm before I was shoved behind the hulk of a body, namely Zander.

Glancing beside me I was that Virgo was also shoved behind one of the boys, I was pretty sure it was Taurus, and was looking at me with worry in her eyes. When I had broken out of my room to meet the other creatures, I had pictured it more like a family reunion than a prison break.

"Step away from each other." A male voice called out, and in front of me all of the boys tensed, and Scorpio crouched slightly, a distinctly non-feline growl leaving his throat.

Taurus's hand went out so it was in front of his brother, as if one hand would ever be enough to hold back a creature. "No, we're going to stay together." Virgo yelled, twisting around so that she could see what was going on by peering through a gap between Taurus and Scorpio.

Taurus tensed again and moved so that he was firmly positioned in front of Virgo. Taking a note out of Virgo's book, I too moved so that I could see between Taurus and Zander.

Through the gap I could see that the guards had spread out so that the entire hall was blocked by at least two rows of guards. The chances of us not being separated were not looking good.

One of the guards, one whom I recognized as being one of the ones who was charged with me, gave a small laugh. "I'm sorry, but you can't stay together." He called.

Zander gave a snort as he crossed his arms. "I would like to see you try and separate us." He said, and I looked towards Virgo, who was smirking.

The guard, Henry set his face in a scowl. "Leo, think about it, how would your handlers react? Not one of any of your handlers is equipped to handle six creatures." Henry said as he scanned over the group of creatures in front of him. His eyes hit on where Virgo and I were hidden behind the boys before he blanched.

Shoving around the bulky body of Zander I looked towards Henry. "There's another one?" I asked, knowing that he had blanched because he hadn't wanted us to know about the missing creature.

Henry, upon seeing me, tensed up even tighter. However, before he could say anything to me an arm wrapped around me waist and hauled me back against the bulk of a tense body. I watched as the guard's eyes widened and his Taser lurched up, pointed at the male behind me as if scared that I might be in danger.

Despite the threat of being shot and the shocks that were cascading through our bodies, Zander's voice was steady when he spoke. "You heard her, where is the other creature? It's been a couple of years now, how long did the government think that they could keep us apart?" He questioned.

Henry looked as if he were about to snap when the guards behind him parted to allow a group forward, among who were Layla and the Icy woman who was with Zander. Along with Zander and my nurses, there was a tall, thin, dark skinned man with a shiny bald head and thick glasses as well as a young woman whose stomach was rounded slightly and whose tan skin and blue eyes glowed with life.

Layla looked towards Henry and gave a small smile before she looked towards me. "That's enough Henry, we've talked to the director. He agrees that at this point that they can't be separated and that it would be detrimental to the Experiment as a whole." She said and I felt Zander physically relax, although he did not let me go.

The new tall man stepped forward and motioned someone forward. "Come along, we will take you to the sixth creature, then we will need to have a talk about how everything will continue." He said, and I watched as Virgo slipped between the twins and started towards the man. As soon as she had gotten away from him, Taurus followed, causing his twin to trail after.

I was unable to move, Zander's hold on me making it so that I was stuck in place, so I twisted my head to look up at him. "Zander lets go! Don't you want to meet the other creature? We won!" I said, still a bit in shock that the director of the experiment had agreed to relent.

From what I had heard of the man, which not much and was all overheard while eavesdropping, he was a strict leader somewhere within the government, possibly the leader of an off the books congressional committee. I knew that is was his doing that, until this point, had kept us separated, and I knew he did not react well to things not going his way. So the fact that he had relented within minutes of hearing that five of the creatures had escaped their confines and were together was very suspicions.

Zander looked down at me for a few seconds, an odd look in his eyes, before he released me. I gave a grin before I started after the other three, glancing over my shoulder long enough to make sure that Zander was following before I linked arms with Layla and pulled her along with me.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay sorry this chapter is so bad and so short. I'm going to tell y'all a loose outline of the next chapters so y'all know what to expect.

They are going to meet the other creature and then there is going to be another time jump into the future of their lives. The story will continue from the time after the time jump! Sorry! I'm just trying to get the story back on track to what I have outlined in my mind.