Chapter 3 : Intriguing

Hey guys! :D

I hope you'll like this 3th chapter, intriguing.

Enjoy :) Lily xx

All night long, Juvia only had eyes for Gray. He was so... perfect! After a long week walking in the forest, Juvia had to admit she was discouraged. She had lost everything. All she knew since then, what she considered her home, her lifestyle, her safety... Of course, Gajeel's presence was reassuring. Without him by her side, she wouldn't even have the courage to walk past all those miles to Magnolia.

When she had finally seen the village across the trees, she was exhausted and barely standing. Then came the task of finding some place to stay for a couple of nights. As if they hadn't walked enough yet, they had to walk through the town. And there's when she was dazzled by the most beautiful sculptures she had ever seen. The simple action of seeing such wonder made her smile, her first since many days.

As if it wasn't enough, the artist working on one of the statues came into her field of view. Her heart instantly started to pound harder against her chest as soon as she laid eyes on him. She simply couldn't imagine a more appealing man. As if she needed more proof of his gorgeousness, without any reason, he took of his shirt, accelerating her heart beat even more. However, Juvia had known he haven't seen her, too concentrated on his work.

Then he had explained his passion to her, that the simple fact of looking at life in a different point of view was enough to discover a whole new world. At that exact moment, it was as the sun just started to shine, chasing off the rain that was following her heart in the past few days. She couldn't handle it anymore, her heart racing and, under the weight of all those emotions, combined with tiredness and hunger, her legs lost all vigor as she lost consciousness.

Juvia walked to the little house that was lent to Gajeel and her, daydreaming, thinking about the joy she had by meeting Gray. She had passed the evening in his company, even though he simply had sipped his beer quietly all night long, fighting from time to time with a pink haired guy he was calling flame brain. When she had noticed how late it was, Juvia had looked around, noticing that Gajeel wasn't in the tavern anymore. She found him without surprise on one of the beds, sleeping for a moment already. She did the same, quickly falling asleep, a smile on her lips.

***

Gajeel woke up and looked around. Even thought the unmade bed was a proof of Juvia sleeping here, she wasn't there anymore. The young man sighed annoyed. He had to speak to his friend. Where the hell was she? Believing it was the most probable place for her to be, and his stomach complaining for food as soon as he woke up, he went to the tavern.

Once there, Gajeel passed the doorstep, scanning quickly the room. Blue locks got his attention but he noticed soon enough it wasn't Juvia. It was the girl he ran into the day before, the later frowning when she saw him. The young man glared at her before seeing a second bluenette. This time, it was Juvia. She was standing behind a pillar, staring something with insistence.

"You'll scare off that pervert of yours", he let out behind her.

The young woman jumped by surprise.

"Gray isn't a pervert!" She complained offended without even denying she was staring at Gray.

"Who else than a pervert walks half naked all the time?"

"He's not", started Juvia but had to stop realising that, at some point, Gray had indeed taken off his clothes.

"Leave Juvia alone", she pouted out of arguments.