Chapter 4 : Knowing each other

Levy's cheeks never had been so red. She was regretting her decision of reading in the forest. But the day was so beautiful outside she couldn't resist the opportunity of laying against a tree with a good novel. After all, who would have guess a wolf pack would be around. And even more surprising, who would have guess Gajeel would be there at that exact moment. Even though she still hated him, well a little less now, she never was as glad to see someone in her whole life. And now, she ended up on the back of the very person she vowed to avoid.

She had despised the way he had stared at her, showing indirectly he could easily have the better end against her without any effort. Yes, she was physically weak, she simply hated when someone reminded her. Without him, she couldn't even imagine what could've happen to her... But as unpleasant as he had been until now, he was now bothering to carry her while he was himself injured. She could notice he was helping her to keep her balance on his back with his arms, and that, even though the action was without any doubt painful on his right side. Decidedly, she didn't understand that man.

While laying her head on his shoulder, she could notice how much his hair, despite its untamed appearance, was soft. As for his hands, they felt like burning hot on her tights... What was she thinking about! And there she was, blushing again like an idiot to which she responded by hiding her face in his neck.

"Hey! Hope you're not passing out on me shrimp!" Growled Gajeel feeling a new pressure in his neck.

"Levy!" She exclaimed in answer to the nickname he was constantly using, much to her displeasure.

"That answers my question" he said realising she still had all her spunk.

"And you? Still that unpleasant?

As an answer, he pretended to let her fall, triggering a small cry from the young woman, tightening more than ever her grip on Gajeel.

"Gihi! You'll have to hold on better than that shrimp!"

"Why the hell did you do that for?"

"Don't worry, I wont let you down" he laughed again. "You could easily break if I did so".

"What the hell is my problem?" thought Levy, feeling her cheeks blushing, once again, even more.

***

"It really is beautiful!" Exclaimed Juvia once Gray was finished with the fairy statue he had started the day before.

"It isn't the first time I get compliments" he laughed "but they were never as sincere as yours".

"But Juvia really thinks Gray's work is amazing!"

She wasn't lying. Since she left after her discussion with Gajeel, she had spent most off the day watching him work. Okay... the artist himself was a piece of art to her mind, but the young women admired what he did as well. After a moment of looking at him from a distance, the young man had finally lifted his eyes on her. So Juvia had came closer, sitting on a bench near him while he completed the statue. Once the artwork finished, he took out a smaller piece of stone and placed it in front of her.

"Wanna try?" he offered her.

Juvia jumped on her feet, shaking her hands in front of her in sign of negation.

"Juvia has no idea how to do art!" She exclaimed.

"I could show you. It's your choice" he said starting to put away the block he just took out.

"Gray really wants to show Juvia how to sculpt?" she asked with shyness, playing with her fingers.

"I'm offering it to you. So? Are we starting or not?"