Chapter 20 : Battle

Hey guys!

I'm back with another chapter :D Hope you'll like it!

Lily xx

Gray was laying on the fence that was marking out the limits of the Fairy Tail domain, thoughtfully looking at the stars. Looking at them always helped him clear his head, and with everything happening right now, he really needed it. First of all, he had learned that Levy, with Erza's help, had managed to convince most of the hesitating troops to follow her. With them and the numerous Fairy Tail residents that had a soft spot for fighting and the help of those Western villages, taking back his childhood friend's throne was possible. However, it also meant that the rebellion would start no later than the next day.

It was sudden, certainly, but with Phantom by that false king's side, they didn't have any time to waist. It was only a matter of hours before their ennemies would have the information on their plans. Despite all the faith he had in their abilities, the young man couldn't ignore this little realistic part of him reminding him that this night could be his last. He shook his head. He refused to listen to this annoying part of his brain. Then he sighed. If only that could be all he had on his mind... But despite the little importance it may seem to have in comparison of the upcoming battle, another problem was on his mind: Juvia. Well, she wasn't a problem, far from it, and that was what was troubling the young man.

** A few hours earlier **

Gray was sitting alone at a table. After spending most of the day by his side, Juvia had decided to go ask Levy how was her meeting with the palace's soldiers after seeing her back in the tavern.

"You seem very thoughtful" said Erza, surprising him by appearing behind him.

"Hum... Maybe."

"You're thinking about Juvia, aren't you?"

"What?" He said slightly blushing. "Of course not!"

"Don't even try to deny it. I've never seen a girl hitting on you the way she does without seeing you getting annoyed and avoiding her right away."

"Juvia is..."

"Different?" Completed Erza for him.

"Something like that" he grumbled.

"You know, you're the only one who can figure out if you like her the way she obviously likes you. You may return her feeling or not but, either way, you should talk to her. Juvia seems like a really nice person and she deserves a straight answer."

Gray blushed a little more, his cheek laying on his hand while avoiding eye contact. Erza laughed a little to his reaction then rose up.

"Ah and Gray?" she added. "Put some clothes on, would you..."

** Present **

Since his conversation with the red haired young woman, he couldn't think about something else for long. He indeed never felt something similar with any other girl but could he really put word to those feelings?

"My beloved?" asked a shy voice behind him.

He turned to her, a smile on the corner of his mouth, knowing very well that the only person calling him that way was the very one that was on his mind.

"Hi Juvia"

"Juvia brought Gray something to eat because he had not eaten dinner yet."

The young man smiled to her, sitting on the ground while leaning on the fence and started to eat the content of the plate she brought him. Of course, the young woman took place beside him and both of them looked at the sky for a while. She was there, next to him, happy with the simple fact that she was near him. As for Gray, he had to admit that her presence brought him one of the rare heat source he could not only bare but also appreciate.