Chapter 5

Walking in, through the black, oak doors I am met with a spacious front room.

The floor is covered in glossy, white tiles and right above there is a massive, diamond chandelier dangling from the ceiling. There are high, white archways on the left and right hand side of the lower floor, with a clear view of a fine dining room and large living room spaced out on each side of the front room. There are also two black rimmed, curved staircases leading to two separate wings on the upper floor of the mansion.

I gasp in awe at the sight in front of me. I've never seen anything so glamorous in my life.

"See something you like sunshine." Grayson whispers extremely close into my ear.

I can feel his hot breath on my neck, assuring me that he's standing dangerously close behind me.

I start feeling sparks all over my lower back at the proximity and my breathing suddenly becomes rigid.

"I...I...your house is beautiful." I mumble, just barely getting my words out.

"So are y-" His words are cut short by the loud sound of footsteps coming down one of the staircases.

I look up to see a young man walking down the right staircase. He is medium built, tall, has dark brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. I notice that he is very attractive but nothing compared to Grayson. Oh my, what's wrong with me?

Why would I even think that?

"Well, well, well." The stranger says while walking down, closer and closer to Grayson and I.

That's when I remember the awkward position that we are in and quickly move to the side blushing like crazy. I hope my blushing isn't prominent through my makeup, I think to myself, utterly flustered by the events of the night so far.

"Looks like the all mighty Alpha has finally found his ma-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as a vase went flying towards his head. I gasped in shock as he caught it and began to laugh. I turn my head to a fuming Grayson and laugh nervously along with the stranger.

Thoughts were going through my mind a million miles a minute. Did this guy just call Grayson Alpha? What is it that Grayson was stopping the stranger from saying? And how the heck did that guy catch that vase so fast? It was humanly impossible.

By this time the stranger has already gotten down to the base of the stairs and is heading towards me, he takes my right hand and gives it a light kiss.

"Hello. I'm Daniel, pleasure to meet you." He says kindly.

I hear Grayson breathing heavily behind me and I can see him shaking slightly in the corner of my eyes.

"I'm Ayanna". I say politely, looking up at the man in front of me.

He lets go of my hand and smiles down at me briefly.

I look around me and in the distance I see that my family have already been seated in the dining room, around a large black, oak, dining table

With a huff Grayson puts his hands across my shoulders and leads me to the dining room where my family is.

"Forget about him." He says. "He's just my close friend. I've known him for many years; he's a real pain in my ass." He huffs.

"What ass?" I say jokingly whilst laughing. He looks at me strangely I guess because I'm finally being comfortable around him.

"I'd be careful about what you say kitten." He says whilst lifting me up over his shoulder and slapping my ass.

I gasp out in shock, laughing I beg him to put me down. He laughs along with me and does just that, right before we're about to come into view to the dining room.

I look up at my already seated family being served drinks by very smart looking waiters and chatting away with one another while waiting.

We walk towards the twelve-seat table and Grayson pulls a chair out for me to sit on.

I take note that it's the one right next to his. I thank him and sit down.

He sits down as well after that and effortlessly engages in conversations with my parents whilst giving me a warm smile every once in a while. I can't help but smile back at him whenever he does.

I pick up my sparkling water and take a sip.

I'm falling for this man and I'm falling for him fast and for once in my life I wouldn't have it any other way.

--------------------------------------------------
Picture of  Daniel on the side! 😍
Please vote & comment if you're enjoying the story so far I would really appreciate it!

Have a great week everyone! - Olivia x