Chapter 7

He flicks my nose.

I blush in embarrassment and quickly open the car door stepping out so he doesn't see my extremely red face.

Without looking at him I quickly mutter a thank you. I can hear his bawl of laughter.

With a sigh, I put my backpack on higher around my right shoulder and reluctantly start walking towards the building. I hear the screeching tyres of Grayson's car as he drives away and with a hesitant laugh I enter through the dark grey double doors of the school.

Looking around my surroundings I see a reception to my left. I walk towards the friendly looking older lady, "How can I help you?" She says smiling at me with the hint of an accent on her tongue.

"I'm new." I say simply

"Oh yes! You're Ayanna Richards are you not?" She says still with a friendly smile on her face.

I nod in recognition and watch as she heads over to a file cabinet in corner of the reception. She hands me a sheet of paper.

"Here's your timetable. If you need anything don't be afraid to ask students or teachers, were all a very friendly bunch."

I doubted that what she said was true. Moving around often I knew that not everyone was as welcoming as the lady before me but nevertheless I thank her and start heading towards my first lesson which is Maths. My best subject.

I turn corners, walk up a few stairs and quickly realise that I'm lost and have no idea where room M04 is or if I'm even headed in the right direction. My own stupidity amazes me at times.

Grabbing the now crinkled timetable from my bag I desperately check to see if the directions to the class would automatically appear on the sheet of paper.

Too focused on the damn timetable I don't notice a figure walking towards me.

With an umph I gracefully land on the floor. Note the sarcasm.

Looking up confused I see a girl that looks similar to my age with a black graphic Shirt, chunky braids and small tattoos on both of her wrists.

"I'm so sorry! Here let me help you up." She says whilst putting her hand  out towards me. I gladly accept it and smile at her.

"I'm Ayanna, new girl." I say

"Well it's nice to meet you Ayanna new girl." She says. "I'm Tori."

I laugh at her sad attempt of a joke. "That was terrible" I say inbetween giggles.

She laughs along with me and nods in agreement.

"So why are you in the middle of the art corridor during lesson time anyways?" She asks me.

"I'm lost. Do you know where room MO4 is?" I ask.

"Yh sure, follow me." She says.

The walk to the class was spent talking about my schedule. Turns out we have every other lesson together which I was grateful for, at last I would know one person and not be a loner for the rest of the day.

Arriving at the door I thanked her and hesitantly knocked on the door whilst she walked away.

A few seconds later I heard a male voice telling me to come in. I walk in to about 30 eyes starting at my awkward form standing in front of the classroom. As I start making my way to the teachers desk I can only hope that he was one of those chilled teachers that didn't ask questions or care about students potential.

With luck like mine that obviously wasn't the case.

A few hours later I was sitting down in my third lesson of the day - geography.

All I could focus on was the clock at the front of the classroom as it moved painfully slowly.

After what seemed like forever the class was finally over.

I met a few of Tori's friends at lunch and even got invited to a girls night out. Apparently there's a new club that just recently opened up.

I attended the rest of my classes without much excitement and couldn't be any happier when the final bell rang signalling the end of the school day.

Walking outside through the same doors that I entered I see the same black SUV that dropped me off this morning with Grayson leaning against it wearing a grey tight T-shirt that illuminated his manly, defined body and black loose jeans that fit him just right around the hips.

He noticed me staring at him and smiled at me. I could feel people looking at me as I made my way over to him. Girls wishing they could be with him and guys wishing they were him. In all honesty I couldn't help but feel slightly special at the fact that he cares so much even though he hasn't known me for long.

When I reach him I look up into his face and smile back at him. Pulling me into a hug I feel warm and protected in his tight grip and rap my arms around his torso.

After pulling apart he opens the door for me to enter his car.

"How was your first day?" He asks genuinely interested.

"It was ok. I met a few people but have loads of homework on stupid subjects that I have no interest in learning anything about." I say rambling on about the damn homework.

Chucking he replies: "I could help you out you know, I've been around long enough to know how this messed up education system works."

"What do you mean by you've 'been around long enough'?" I question looking up slightly at his face unable to stop my curiosity.

"I ermm..." He mumbled gripping the steering wheel tightly and looking blankly out of the windscreen.

"And the other night at your place you and Daniel mentioned something about an alpha. What did he mean by that exactly? How did Daniel catch that vase so fast when it was going to smash? And why do you act as if you've been around for generations?"

I couldn't keep a filter on my mouth, the questions just kept flowing like a river and at this moment all I wanted was answers.

Grayson was still unresponsive and continued to stare out of the windscreen in front of him.

After a few minutes of silence I gave up on getting a response until Grayson suddenly swerved the car around making me hold on to the side of my seat for dear life.

Looking at me with dark, black eyes he says,

"You want answers? Then I'll give you fucking answers."
-----------------------------------------------
Tut tut! Why use such bad language Grayson!? Aha 😭

Ok but seriouslyGuys Alpha Grayson has reached 1K reads!

Can we just take a moment to think about how crazy that is!!!

You guys are the best!

Please vote/comment/fan. Your feedback and motivation is what keeps me writing.

Have an amazing first week of May! - Olivia x

*Picture on the side is of Tori.