four | Later Alligator

I awoke with my head throbbing to a pounding tempo. It was weird that I fell asleep on the settee. I raise my head to notice there was Weston eyes shut and his mouth slightly parted. I gasped, we must have passed out last night from talking so much! I immediately slapped his arm lightly. In response he squirmed, so he must be a heavy sleeper.

"Weston!" I whisper-yelled, slapping him once more. This time he put his hand to his face groaning.

"Yes? It's too early for your service ma'am." Weston replied keeping his eyes shut.

"I'm not your maid, I'm Olivia!" I slapped him again. This time his eyes darted open and snapped right to me.

"If one of the other girls finds me in here I'm dead." He said while he ruffled his dark silky hair.

"That is exactly why I'm trying to wake you up." I said matter of factly. Weston let out a smile and stared at me.

"You have quite the mess on your head right now, little flower." Weston reached over and rubbed my hair messing it up even more. "Don't worry Olivia I fixed it." He let out a toothy grin. He stood up of the tufted settee and did a stretch that flexed all of his muscles. Wow he does have a nice body. His face turned to me smirking, oh he did it on purpose. Ok then. "See you later, little flower." He took my hand and kissed it once again.

"You forgot the alligator part to that." After I said that he stopped walking towards the door.

"Oh how selfish of me." He walked back to me and grabbed my hand. "See you later, alligator." I chuckled. "No, I still like little flower." He commented leaving my room. I can't escape the nickname, well at least not today.

My assigned lady's maid showed me around the palace later that day. That was a nice gesture for her since it was not her job. Her name was Neyana and she was a beautiful woman in her late thirties. It's sad that she has to work as a maid. Neyana led me down to the dining hall where dinner would be served. I was actually excited to see Weston, which surprised my instant liking to him.

I wore a floor length formal gown, it was a sheer turquoise and the bodice had a pattern of blue and pink flowers. Later today the princess' were given a time to do as they wanted, I instantly went to the garden and picked more flowers. With them I used my handy work and crafted a flower crown that went perfectly with the gown.

Two guards waited outside of the open double doors leading to the grand dining hall. I smiled at both of them and they firmly nodded in response. I walked in with both hands shyly behind my back, I noticed that everybody had been seated except the King and Queen. Well that was awkward. I thought to myself.

Weston stood up from his place and gracefully walked over to me. He took my hand and kissed it tickling my skin with his feather touch.

"Wow, little flower." Weston smiled approvingly. "You're really a flower." He laughed while escorting me to my place at the table. I tried moving towards my assigned seat, but Weston lead me to the seat right of him.

"I don't think I'm allowed to sit here." I said warily.

"It's my palace, you can sit if I want you to sit with me." He said smiling.

"Ok, thank you." I said gratefully as he pulled my chair out and I sat. I looked up at the other girls, half of them were in pure shock the other two were glaring at me. Especially Danielle, you could feel the physical hole she was burning into my face.

"Ignore them." Weston whispered in my ear reassuringly. I nodded and smiled at his kindness.

"Will your parents be joining us for dinner tonight?" I asked cutting a piece of my sauteed broccoli.

"I'm afraid not, my father has been feeling a bit ill the past hour." He said looking down.

"That's a shame, I hope he feels better soon." I took a small bite and chewed.

"Thank you." Weston looked at me studying my face. My cheeks flushed and I looked at Elizabeth who was seated next to me.

"I haven't had a chance to talk to you yet. How's the palace life treating you?" I let out a small giggle.

"It's quite lovely, I couldn't imagine living here." She said looking around at the impeccable detailed walls.

"It's very a large palace indeed." I smiled trying to make small talk with both Weston and my cousins.

Time flew by eating and chatting among the others. Not to mention the food was mouth watering. I looked up as a guard rushed in searching the room until he laid his eyes on Weston. Everybody became alert at the fractiousness man. The guard walked rapidly over to Weston to inform him of the news he holds.

"Your majesty, the king has gone into a coma." He addressed Weston. My mouth parted as I overheard the news, as did everybody else. I looked at Weston and his face was devastated. He abruptly got up and walked out of the dining hall. The king is in coma, but will he wake up?