nine | High Treason

One step after another, arm linked with my best friend. We walked closer to our destiny. What we were supposed to always become, King and Queen of Amaren. The crowd of colorful dressed people stood and applauded as they saw their new rulers. Happiness and excitement lined the walls of the large stone church. You could feel the energy of the past coursing through the atmosphere.  I looked at the man who had made me the happiest girl these past few weeks, he smiled proudly down at me. This was the very beginning to a start of a quite lovely adventure. And what a grand event it was, the coronation.

My eyes fluttered open feeling around the bed I was in currently. Today was the day Weston and I are crowned King and Queen. A smile arose on my face as I lifted my gaze to see Weston fast asleep on the white couch across my room. His light pink lips were slightly parted and his black hair tousled. I laughed at the adorable sight, this was the man I despised while getting on that plane two weeks ago. If only I knew then how great of a man Weston was. 

"I can tell you're checking me out." Weston muttered smirking groggily. I laugh shaking my head and walk into the bathroom. I get my toothbrush and continue my morning routine.

"How ever will you forgive me, Your Royal Highness." I mock in response walking back out to sit on the couch next to his lazy figure. 

"The payment of this dreadful crime is one kiss." Weston said brushing his hand against mine. I look at him suspiciously.

"I believe I cannot pay the crime. It's too disgusting, I would never want to kiss you." As I said this Weston placed his right hand over his heart in fake sadness. 

"I am King so you have to kiss me. I will declare a new law that whenever I, King Weston ask Queen Olivia to kiss me she shall not refuse. Or else she will be convicted of the highest treason." I laughed at his silliness and for the third time I crashed my lips upon his savoring every moment. "That was much needed, thank you, little flower." Weston kissed all over my face. "Sadly you won't be breaking the law today." He finally kissed me on my lips and ushered me to stand up. 

"Is my Prince Charming leaving so soon?" I pouted.

"I'm afraid there is something I need to go get. I'll be back in an hours time." Weston said smiling and leaving one last lingering kiss before he left me in my room. I sighed and turned back around, I felt like one of those hopeless romantics in a movie. It's only because it's Weston that I'm with, If it was a pungent man then this would not be the case. I can assure you. 

I played some music while I started to layout everything to get ready. The sway of the music enchanted me and I started dancing. Waltzing in my room I hadn't realized there was Weston back again, standing in the entrance of my bedroom watching me amused. I instantly stopped dancing. I went from being a gazelle to a deer in headlights. Shocked and embarrassed.  

"You have some moves. I wouldn't want to compete against you in a dancing competition." Weston and I both laughed. "May I dance with you?" He walked up to me intrigued but yet still amused. 

"You may, Prince Charming." He gracefully took my hand and we swung back and forth to the music. Peeking through my eyelashes I glanced up at the handsome man. He lovingly looked back down at me. 

"I have something for you." Weston paused and took a black velvet box from inside his suit jacket. Opening it he revealed the most splendid diamond ring. It was absolutely stunning, I was speechless. "You're already going to be my Queen, always. Olivia I know we met only a few weeks ago, but I love spending time with you. You're my bestfriend and I couldn't see spending my life with anybody else. Will you please accept this ring and be my wife?" Weston said looking at me nervously but eagerly. I nodded my head and smiled the brightest smile I've ever shown. He kissed me and placed the engagement ring on my finger, the sapphires glistened in the sunlight. 

"I love you so much, my little flower." Once more I was surprised with delightment.

"I love you too, Weston." I embraced him and we happily stayed like that. In each other's arms.