A Knight's Pledge - Chapter Three

Chapter Three

After an hour of Hudson cajoling and reasoning with Dyson, he stuffed his pride in his hat and resorted to begging.

“You have to do this Dyson. You’re the only chance anyone of us has of getting out of this situation alive.”

“You’re starting to annoy me Hudson, and you know that takes a lot. Especially from you.”

“I will beg if I have to Dyson. Don’t make me beg. Please? We were best friends, weren’t we?”

Dyson growled and glared at him. “You’re not going to let this go are you?”

Hudson tried to hide a grin. “No. In fact, I’ll camp on your mangy doorstep until you say ‘Yes’, so save us both the hassle and come with me now.”

With a sigh that seemed to come from the deepest part of him, Dyson nodded and stuck out his hand.

“Okay.”

Hudson shook it and deep relief coursed through his body. “Oh, thank the gods. I thought you were going to make me beg on my knees.”

Dyson cringed, “There’s an image I didn’t need.”

Hudson’s eyes went wide as he realised what Dyson had said then shook his head at him. He grinned, “Sick bastard!”

Dyson bumped shoulders with him as they walked onto the cobbled street, “Always knew you loved me.” Hudson rolled his eyes at his oldest friend and groaned. They bantered their way to the Lord’s Realm House, leaving Dyson’s shambles of a residence behind them. Hopefully his misdemeanour would stay there too. But he doubted it. Their people had long memories and Dyson’s crime was about to come full circle and bite him on the arse.