April 28, 2016

I made myself go to school today, even though I really didn't want to. To make it worse, Lynn wasn't there today, and I was called down to the office. It freaked me out at first, but then I got there and Mr. Way-Gerard-was waiting for me. I was really confused until he said 'we have some things to talk about' and he wrote me a pass so I could eat lunch in his room. Was I in trouble? I really hoped not. I'd never done anything wrong, and I've only been at this school for a month.

We got into his room and he sat down with me at one of the art tables. He gave me a minute to get situated, and then he suddenly pushed up my sleeve. I jumped back and he said 'knew it.' He'd seen the bruises. He looked me dead in the eye, and I fell right into his trap. 'I think I should call child services.' He said. No, please!' I cried. He couldn't do that! My mom would find me and kill me for good. 'Then tell me everything she's ever done to you, and then I'll decide' Gerard replied. I was reluctant, but I told him anyway. I stared at the table the whole time until I felt him put his hand on mine. 'Frank,' he said, meeting my eyes, 'you should never have to deal with this.'

I got the chills for quite some time after that.