15

"What the actual fuck PJ," Luke raised his hands in surrender.

"D-don't move," PJ pointed the gun at everyone on stage. "Please!"

"PJ stop jus-" Phil stepped forward and the gun was on him.

"Don't move," PJ croaked, his eyes appearing shiny with unshed tears.

The screaming came next. A single person, perhaps thirteen years old, made a bee line for the door, grunting when it wouldn't open and shouting with force.

Then came the crowds.

They all ran together, screeching as a single being. They created a crush, people being forced against the wall as everyone tried to escape the horror show that was about to occur.

"Let go of me!" someone from backstage shouted, and Joe's breathing became laboured. "You bastard!" and then a pained gasp.

Joe made a miscalculated choice. Another one in a series of events that were no accident, and far from therapeutic. He roared and jumped towards PJ, leaping upon his back, making him drop the gun.

Joe punched the storyteller in the face and then kneed him in the groin. PJ hissed, doubling over before a final blow to his back sent him to the floor.

A click of another gun made Joe turn around.

"Well hello there Joe, my name is Tyler Oakley and you really should not have done that."

"Bastard," Joe murmured, before he felt strong arms grasp his shoulders.

"Good day, Mr Sugg. I must apologise but if I don't do this, I'll be replaced."

Joe struggled against Hank's grip, before turning his attention to Dan Howell who was supposed to be dead in a warehouse in Texas. And in his arms was a girl whom Joe had told to leave, a girl who seemed strong and god there was no point him even telling her to leave - she'd just come straight back.

"Meg."

A red mark lay across her cheek, a speck of crimson accompanied it, her eyes glaring towards her enemies. A gun was placed against her temple, the exact place where it was placed in every film that had a weapon.

Her eyes met PJ's, and she was sent back to the first day of Summer In The City.

"Huh?" Phil groaned, lifting his head from his hands.

The fangirls in the audience all laughed and cheered as if he was an animal to be gawked at. But one girl at the front just huffed and rolled her eyes. Her eyes caught with PJ's and for a moment PJ connected with her. She shook her head as if to say that everyone else was complete idiots and should just leave Phil alone.

Even though she'd only spoke to PJ once, she would've thought that he would be on their side. Not the side who had an assassin for a leader and a deranged mad man for an author.

Betrayal was strong within her.

Phil's heart dropped alarmingly fast, longing for the eighteen year old fanboy who seemed so shy instead of this maniac in place of the one he loved. He couldn't see the warmth in Dan's eyes anymore and he looked so distant.

"I found her, sneaking about backstage," Dan said, almost robotically, like this wasn't him (he was Dan Howell but who was Dan Howell?). "She decided she wanted to knock me out," he threw Meg to the floor making Joe struggle against Hank's tight grip.

"Don't fucking touch her! You lay another fucking hand on her and I'll kill you!" Joe screamed.

"Been there, done that," Dan said, almost nonchalantly, too cocky for his own good. But then, he saw Phil and fuck he couldn't do this. He had to. For his sister.

"You're, you're a monster," Phil murmured, unheard due to the chorus of people still running for their lives.

"Will you all just shut the fuck up?" Dan shot once into the roof; silence fell as a question was asked. "Thank you, just trying to complete some business, so I'd appreciate it if you'd all stay quiet. So Phil, Philly, would you just repeat what you said."

"You. Are. A. Monster."

And Dan could almost feel his heart splinter into a million tiny fragments.