Chapter 3

When I get home, the group is all here. I ran into the house and ran into my room and changed into a black sports bra, black and mint green, boys' Jordan brand basketball shorts, black and white knee-high socks, and Jordan slides. I then walk downstairs to the living room to find everyone waiting. "Okay. So what is it that you guys want to tell us? Because Uriah says that it is important." Christina says. Okay. Here it goes.

 "Okay. Here goes nothing."

**SAME FLASHBACK AS BEFORE**

Four (b/c I am telling everyone else this), my brothers, and I are having a sleepover like every weekend. Uriah and I are 14 and Four and Zeke are 15. "We're bored! Lets go do something fun!" Uri and I say at the same time. " Okay. Wanna go downtown and see what we can do?" Zeke says. We all nod our heads. When we get down there, we see a gang, so we head over like the stupid people we are. "Look. Fresh meat. And it is the Pedrads and Four." Eric, the gang leader, says. The rest of the gang start cracking up. "Oh shut up, Eric. You know I can beat the tar outta you." I say with confidence. It is true. I have beat him up before. "Oh whatever. Anyways, I was wondering. Since you guys are four of the most toughest people in Chicago, do you want to join our gang?" We all look at each other with grins. "Okay. We are in."

**END OF FLASHBACK**

"And that is how it all started. Then when we were a year older, we got into the worse things." I say. Then, Christina asks, "Like what kind of worse things?" Us four look at each other with a look of worry on our faces. The boys give me a nod of approval. "We will tell you. As long as you 1) don't go to the police and 2) Stay with us no matter what." They then nod. "Okay. We got into vandalizing buildings and other people's properties, and then it got into the murders." I say, but I mumble the last part. They look extremely scared. Tobias and Zeke run to the front and back doors and lock them so they can't get away. They all walk backwards away from us, like we will hurt them. "Guys. We won't hurt you. We promise. Now, Eric wants revenge on us because we, kinda, sorta, destroyed his gang's headquarters because of what they did to us." Uriah says. "They tried to get us to kill each other because he hates us. I don't know why.... wait a minute. I left you three by yourselves one day to go do a mission while I stayed home to help my mom because she was sick. What did you guys do?" Tobias asks. "Um. Well we, uh, might've killed one of his best friends..... maybe Edward." Zeke, Uriah, and I say at the same time. Toby gets this angry look on his face, which makes us three Pedrads take off running into our rooms. He finally gets us and drags us into the living room. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!? YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON THAT WE ARE WANTED DEAD! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS! ESPECIALLY YOU TRIS! I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THIS!" At this point, I am in tears. I didn't want it to get this far. We all then remember that our friends are still here, which causes us to turn around. Sure enough, they are all on the couches with worried looks on their faces. "Sorry guys. You weren't supposed to see that." Tobias, or should I say Four, says. They just nod. "Okay. So what are we going to do?" Lynn asks. "Well...."

A/N I hope you all like this chapter. All characters are Veronica Roth's! Not mine. I wish I was as awesome as she was though. Lol