EIGHT confessions

**I SUGGEST YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG ABOVE**

•PHONE CALLS•

"..."

"Hello?"

"..."

"Tenten, I know you're there."

"Sigh. Hello, this is Ichiraku's Ramen Shop, what may we do for you?"

"I'm sorry."

"..."

"I know I messed up... a lot. But you have to understand, I didn't mean any of it. It's just that... everything was falling apart. Everything I worked so hard for was simply snatched out of my hands. I was just so mad, and I took my anger out on you."

"... Neji, what happened?"

"...My uncle had recently told me that I am no longer suitable for the position of vice-president."

"If you're not suitable, who the fvcking hell is?"

"...His daughter..."

"..."

"My father was born a twin, but he came out seconds after my uncle. Simply for that reason, he became the successor, while my uncle was destined to become the clan leader. My father was nothing more than an assistant--he watched my uncle, did his work and most importantly, protected him against threats. He had to live a life watching his twin brother become loved and idolized, while he was seen as nothing more than a servant, even though they were born of the same parents. He became depressed; he knew his life was meant for more. Then one day, he simply couldn't take it anymore. He jumped out of a window and committed suicide.

"...Neji... you don't have to share this if it hurts."

"No, Tenten. I do. I need to tell someone."

"..."

"I had to grow up without a father. My uncle had his first daughter when I was about one or two. By the time she was three, he turned me into her assistant. I was told from a young age that it was my destiny. I had to watch her, fulfill her needs and protect her against threats--just like my father. I had to live my life watching her as she was loved for something she didn't even deserve, and unconsciously, I began to bear hatred for her. I was following my father's footsteps: I became depressed, and then tried to commit suicide. But you stopped me because you reminded me that the sun will shine tomorrow, and if I leave, I won't be able to see that."

"Do you blame her?"

"Who?"

"Your cousin."

"I know it's not her fault; she doesn't even want it, but she doesn't have a choice. Yet, as much as I don't want to admit it, the fact that she has what I worked so hard for annoys me to no end. However, I used to think that I hated her, but it turns out I hate her father more than anything. All of this is his fault."

"Wait... if you were meant to become her assistant-slash-servent, and if your uncle is that horrible, why did he grant you that position in the first place?"

"We made a deal during freshman year: if I could maintain my spot on the top of the class for all of high school, he would give me the position instead of Hinata. Then out of nowhere, he changed his mind."

"...Why did you tell me this? What made me so special?"

"Because I trust you. And I don't wanna loose you."

"...I'm also sorry. I should've understood your position better than anyone."

"What do you mean?"

"I've also suffered like you. A year after I was born, my father left my mom for another woman. My mother and I barely had enough money to live off--we had a small apartment, and I used hand-me-downs all my life. I watched other kids get everything they wanted, and they never had to work for it. I've been doing part-time jobs since I was fifteen, and even before that, I had to do chores for neighbours to earn money. I was also picked on as a kid because I wasn't rich like everybody else. I had to balance my academics and at the same time, manage my jobs and do sports. I had to work harder than any other kid to get a scholarship, which I think I probably flunked anyways."

"...Tenten..."

"I need to go home. Call me tomorrow and we'll talk. Your food will be there soon--"

"Thank you."

"..."

"For listening."

"You're welcome. Bye."

"Bye."

//CALL ENDED\\

Huehuehue long-ass paragraphs.