Chapter 12

Tim

I just arrived at the Bluebird and grabbed a table. I contemplated ordering a drink but got water instead, I don't want Faith seeing me as a drunk like Ryan. Suddenly the bell rings and in walks Faith and an older woman. She spots me and the brightest smile fills her face. "Tim!" she says quickly hugging me. "Faith!" I say in return. "This is my mom Edna." "Hi Ms. Perry, my name is Tim." "Nice to meet you Tim." I kissed the top of her hand and offered her a seat at my table. I pull her chair out and help her slide it forward, then repeated the same for Faith. "So you are the baseball boy that my daughter couldn't get over." "I guess I am." "When she came home with that shirt I knew something was up." "Well your daughter is a very lovely person and I am so honored to support her tonight." Edna smiled and I felt very at home and it made me miss my mom. Faith was swept away by a woman who had to be from Warner, which left me alone with her mom. "Faith told me about what occurred between you two the other night." "Oh okay. What did she say exactly?" I asked while my hands began to sweat. "Just that you admitted your feelings and it made her realize her own. Be honest with me Tim. What feelings do you have for Faith? I don't want her to ruin her marriage over an adolescent love." "Well when Faith walk out that door I immediately felt empty. Like how could a small amount of time seem like eternity? I never really believed in the whole true love idea until I met Faith. You know how when you find that person, one who is meant for you everything makes sense?" "Well I was not expecting that to come out of your mouth." She said laughing. "I know. To me she is the most beautiful woman in the world. So I don't think it was a mistake yesterday." "How did she wind up in your dorm that night and not with Ryan?" "I just came across her on campus and bought her a meal. Then it was late and I wanted to make sure she didn't fall prey to the frat guys. Now she will have to tell you why she wasn't with Ryan." She nodded understanding. Faith came on the stage and I could tell she was nervous, I told Edna that I would be back and went to sit well more like stand in front of Faith. "Just look at me." I mouth. Then she opened her mouth and my jaw dropped.