Chapter 2

The next meeting began the next afternoon.
"Okay, everyone! Let's start reading through the book!" Nagisa said to the club. "Go to page 1!" Everyone turned to the first page of their book.
"Nagisa?"
"Yes, Tomoya-kun?"
"Why did you choose to do a musical?" He asked, curious.
"So I can sing!" Nagisa answered. She closed her eyes and began to sing.
"Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango daikazoku!" Tomoya smiled.
"Of course you would." She opened her eyes.
"Also! I convinced Otoosan and Okaasan to join the play! They will be Anita and Bernardo!"
"Are they coming here today?" Tomoya asked. She shook her head.
"They had to keep an eye on the bakery today," she told him. He nodded. "Okay. We're only reading act one today, okay?" Everyone nodded. "Let's start!"
The group began to rehearse their lines for the play. Soon, it was Tomoya and Nagisa's scene. The two walked to the front of the room and began their scene.
"You're not thinking I'm someone else?" Tomoya read.
"I know you are not," Nagisa read.
"Or that we have met before?"
"I know we have not."
They continued the scene.
"I have not yet learned how to joke that way. I think now I never will..."
"Ah!"
"Tomoya-kun! What's wrong?" Nagisa asked, concerned.
  "It says I have to kiss you!" He stared at her, surprised.
Nagisa gasped. "Uh...you don't really kiss me! Um...it just looks like it!" Kyou let out a laugh.
"Man, I can see you two being a great couple some day!" Tomoya and Nagisa looked at her, blushing. Kotomi looked back at Kyou.
"Are you a bully?"
"No."
"Honestly, Fujibayashi..." Youhei muttered.
"Um...please Sunohara-san! Fujibayashi-san! Be quiet!" Nagisa said, quietly.
"What did you say, Sunohara?!" Kyou said, getting up.
"Oi! N-nothing! Nothing!"
Tomoya frowned. Those two wouldn't be quiet, no matter how much Nagisa tried to calm them down. His hands balled up into a fist and grew tighter every time Nagisa failed to quiet them. Soon, he broke.
"Everyone! Quiet!" He yelled. Everyone immediately fell silent.
"Tomoya-kun..."
"Nagisa has been trying to keep you all quiet but you've just been ignoring her! Now get it together!" Kyou and Youhei stared at him, then back at Nagisa. There were tears in her eyes.
"Ah! Furukawa-san!" Kyou bowed to her. "Gomen-nasai!" She glared back at Youhei, who quickly apologized to Nagisa as well. She accepted their apologies extremely quickly. Nagisa turned to Tomoya and bowed to him.
"Arigatou gozaimasu!" Tomoya nodded.
"No problem." He sighed and looked down at his book. "...? I have a singing part now?" Nagisa nodded as she walked over to him.
"Yup! This song is where Tony sings about his love for Maria!" Tomoya read over the lyrics.
"How am I supposed to know the tune?" He asked her.
"Well...I brought the song books for the play...it has all the music in it..." She began to look through a box for the books. "...? I forgot them? Aw..." Tomoya put his hand on Nagisa's shoulder.
"That's okay. I think it's time we go home now." Nagisa nodded in agreement. She turned to the other four members of the drama club.
"Thank you all for coming. We got a lot done today! We meet again tomorrow, okay?" Everyone nodded and began to pack up their stuff. As the group left he school building, they slowly separated ways to go home.
"Hey, Nagisa, would you like me to walk you home today?" She nodded and the two headed for Furukawa Bread. "Tomoya-kun, do you think I'd be able to add a song into the play?"
"Add a song? Sure. It's your play, Nagisa!" Nagisa smiled.
"Yeah!" A short moment of silence followed before she broke it again.
"Do you think we should go ahead and make the posters advertising the play?"
"Already? When do you think we'll be done?"
"It'll be a while, but we need a few more people. We need the gang members and their girlfriends."
"Hm...I'm sure a couple of boys would be down for that. And some of the girls, too." They reached the bakery and Tomoya followed Nagisa into the bakery. Akio was behind the counter when they walked in.
"Hello, Nagisa! How did the play go?"
"It went well, Otoosan!"
"That's great! Hm...? What's the brat doing here?"
"I'm helping Nagisa make fliers for the play. We need more actors," Tomoya explained to him.
"Hm...I can be all of them if you want!" Akio proclaimed.
"I don't think that's possible, Otoosan! You're the leader of the gang! We need people in the gang!" Akio nodded.
"Oh well. I'm going to go play baseball. You'll know where to find me." He picked up a baseball bat and left the bakery. The two teens entered the living room and sat down on the ground. Nagisa laid out a paper on the table and held a pencil in her hand.
"What should we put on the paper?"
"Hm...what do you think we should do?"
"Ah! I know!" She began to write on the paper. "Actors required...male...and...female...what now?"
"Hm...I have an idea!" Tomoya exclaimed.
"What is it?" Nagisa asked.
"Boyfriend and girlfriend roles will be given! A lot of people will fall for that!"
"Ah! Really?" She thought for a moment. "Well...it's true the gang members have girlfriends...ah...okay!" She finished writing. "Okay! Now for the best part!" She began to draw on the paper.
"Hm...? What are you drawing?" Tomoya asked.
Nagisa held up the paper and smiled.

 "It's the Big Dango Family!" Tomoya smiled as Nagisa began to sing

  "Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango daikazoku!"
"Dango, dango, dango, dango..." Tomoya began to sing along with her.

  That night, Tomoya made dango for Nagisa.