Chapter 3

Nagisa walked out of the bakery after wishing her parents goodbye. She began to walk to the school and read through her lines as she walked.
  "Long is enough...then we'll get away..." She closed her book.
"What a sad ending..." She cried. She looked at the papers she held under the book. They were the fliers Tomoya and she had made the day before. Nagisa walked inside the school and stopped in front of a bulletin board. On the board were several fliers, announcements, and drawings. She attached the paper to the board. Hopefully this will gain some help.

That afternoon, she walked to the drama club room and opened the door to find herself the second person to arrive. Inside was Tomoya, waiting for her. "Ah! Tomoya-kun!" She quickly walked over to him. "You're here early." He smiled.
"I know I am." He began to fumble through a bag he had. "I have something for you...ah! Here it is!" He handed her a box of Chichi Dango and immediately, Nagisa felt overjoyed. She embraced Tomoya.
"Thank you so much, Tomoya-kun!" He continued to smile and hugged her back. She let go of him and began to worry. "Uh...I...I don't have anything to give you, though!" She began to tear up.
"You don't need to cry!" Tomoya assured her. "I'm fine! You don't need to get me anything!" Nagisa nodded and wiped away her tears. She looked at Tomoya and smiled.
"You're such a kind hearted person, Tomoya-kun!" He looked at her in surprise.
"Really?" Nagisa nodded.
"Hai!" He smiled. Someone's laughing made the two seniors turn to the door and they found Kyou standing there with Ryou behind her.
"See? I said they would make a great couple!"
"Fujibayashi!"
"Fujibayashi-san!"
Kyou stopped laughing but continued to grin. "Anyway, we came to tell you that we won't be able to go to practice today. We have to go to a student council meeting."
"We're already late! So we really have to go! I'm sorry, Furukawa-san!" Nagisa nodded. "It's okay! You two can go! The others will still come, though, right?"
Tomoya shook his head. "Sunohara called in sick today and Kotomi had somewhere to be today." Nagisa frowned.
"Oh."
"Don't worry, Nagisa! I'm still here though!"
"Yeah! You still have that idiot here so you two can just practice your parts," Kyou told them. "Well, we have to go! Baibai!" Quickly, the two sisters left.
Tomoya sighed. "Did you bring the song books?"
"Ah! Yes! I did!" Nagisa began to take out two books from a box. She handed one to Tomoya and smiled.  "We'll practice our songs today!" The two opened their books to Tony's song "Maria". Tomoya quickly read over the lyrics before attempting to sing.
"Maria,Maria,Maria,Maria...All the beautiful sounds of the world in a single word...Maria,Maria,Maria,Maria..." He paused for a moment and looked up at Nagisa. "There's no dancing, is there?" She shook her head.
"Not for you." Tomoya sighed in relief. As he continued singing, thoughts began to seep in his mind.
"Maria! I just met a girl named Maria!" Nagisa asked if she could add a song to the play...
"And suddenly that name will never be the same to me." ...is it possible to change words?
"Maria! I just kissed a girl named Maria!" Could he change Maria into...
"And suddenly I've found how wonderful a sound can be!" ...Nagisa?
Nagisa watched as Tomoya sang. He was a good singer, in her opinion. He's probably wouldn't believe her though. She began to sway her head as he sang and smiled. She was confident this play would be the greatest she'd ever perform. Tomoya finished the song and Nagisa immediately began to clap. "That was great, Tomoya-kun!" He blushed.
"You really think so?" Nagisa smiled and nodded. He smiled as well.
"Arigatou, Nagisa." He paused for a moment before looking at the next song. "A duet?"
"Hm...?" She turned to the next page and noticed that the next song was a duet with Tomoya and her. "Ah! It is!" Tomoya smiled.
"It seems easy and short. Do you want to practice?" Nagisa nodded.
"H-hai!"
They paused when they heard running in the hallway. "Who could that be?" Tomoya muttered. As if on cue, the door opened to reveal a tired freshman.
"I...want...to...join...please..." He panted. Nagisa smiled, knowing the fliers worked.
"Of course! Come in!" Tomoya grinned and looked out the empty window.
He tuned out the sound of the two people talking behind him and soon got lost in thought.
What was I thinking earlier? He thought. Is this play changing me?
For better or for worse?