Chapter 5

Tomoya walked to school alone again. He had been doing this for the past few days Nagisa was sick at home. He hadn't heard any news from her family since the day before, but they had told him that it was unlikely she would go to school the following day. Ever since she became sick, Tomoya had became in charge of the play. However, with the size of the group he had, it seemed impossible to control them by himself. Luckily, his friends had helped him the past few days.

Tomoya sighed. He hoped Nagisa's illness would be cured soon. The performance was close by and they needed her. He needed her. "Oi! Okazaki!" Tomoya turned around to see a frantic Youhei catching up to him.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Youhei hid behind him, looking over his shoulder. His friend let out a yelp when he saw a certain someone in the distance. "Honestly, what is up with you..." A book flew past Tomoya and hit Youhei in the head, causing him to fall onto the ground. "Oh. What did you do to upset her this time?" Kyou ran up to the two, followed by Ryou.

Kyou glared at Youhei, who turned pale at the sight of her. "Sunohara..." she growled, raising a fist.

"What did he do?" Tomoya asked Ryou.

"She overheard Sunohara talking about her behind her back."

"Take back what you said!" Kyou yelled at him, grabbing him by his collar.

"Ah! Ah! Ah! S-sorry! Sorry!" She sighed and let go of him. Then, she turned to Tomoya.

"Still no sign of Furukawa?" He shook his head. "Oh well...are her parents coming to practice today?"

"I'm not sure. If she's still sick then probably not." Kyou nodded. The three began to walk to school, leaving Youhei on the ground.

"I really hope she's okay," Ryou said. Tomoya nodded. "Have you visited her lately?"

"Yeah. She looked a little better than two days ago, but they aren't sure when she'll get better."

The trio stopped in front of the school gate and gasped. A few feet away from them was Kotomi and Nagisa, talking.

"Nagisa!" Kyou and Ryou called out, running towards the two. Tomoya stared at Nagisa, surprised. She looked completely fine, as if she had never been sick.

"N...Na...Nagisa!" He ran over to her, hugging her the moment he arrived. "Nagisa..."

"Tomoya-kun, konnichiwa," Nagisa said, hugging him back.

Tomoya smiled as he entered the drama club. Nagisa was already there, setting everything up. She was writing something on the board when she noticed him. Tomoya smiled.
"I'm here, Nagisa." Nagisa smiled back at him.

"Hello, Tomoya-kun." Tomoya began to walk over to where she was.

"What are you writing? Oh." She was writing his name on the board. "Heh. Looks like I have to clean up today, I guess." Nagisa paused for a moment then wrote her name next to his. "Hm...?"

"I never finished my job last time," Nagisa told him. "Besides, I have a feeling today will be messy. You'll need the help, Tomoya-kun." Tomoya grinned.

"I guess I will." Soon, the freshmen actors began to arrive. Several of them welcomed Nagisa back while the rest sat down in the chairs the classroom had.

"Ah! Right! Will the old man and Sanae-san come to practice today?" Nagisa paused for a moment before nodding.

"Yes. They should be on their way now!" There was a knock on the door and soon Youhei appeared in the doorway.

"Hey, guys! Look who I found outside!" He was about to walk in when he was suddenly jerked aside by an unseen force.

"Oi! I told you not to touch my wife!"

"I-I was just holding her wrist!!!"

"What did you say, brat?"

Nagisa and Tomoya gasped.
"Otoosan!"
"Old man!" The two ran outside to see Youhei being lifted up by Akio, while Sanae was smiling in the background. Nagisa smiled and hugged her mom while Tomoya watched Akio threaten the senior he held. Nagisa led the three inside and soon, everyone had arrived at practice.

Nagisa stood behind the podium and smiled. "Thank you, everyone, for coming here today! I want everyone to know that the performance is in less than one week." Tears of happiness began to form in Nagisa's eyes. "Let's let this last week we have count, okay?" Everyone smiled, which warmed Nagisa's heart. "Okay! Let's begin, everyone!"