Chapter Two: Floare

A/N: Dedicated to DrChickenNoodle for coming up with the new character with me, and there's a little surprise that even she doesn't know about this character at the end. I can't wait to see your reactions and see how you think it's possible. 

Lucy xox

P.S. Basically, this entire story is dedicated to BreathingInMusic but I'm not actually dedicating a chapter to her until the last one. Basically, the entire basic plot line is all hers. She's a genuis. 

-Niall’s POV-

I woke up slowly, and unaware of my surroundings, and unsure how I got there. Then, I saw Cleodora, and my grandfather, and everything came rushing back. “Liam!” I gasped, realising I had no idea if he was safe- which, I shook that thought from my head. Of course Liam was safe. He promised.

Cleo looked at me. “We have no idea if anyone’s gotten taken. I… I was near the edge of the dome, when I saw you just… Stop. I swam out, grabbed you, and swam back.

I look at her gratefully. “Thank you.

Niall…” My grandfather said, cutting off what Cleo was about to say. “You have to leave soon. Whatever they hit you with, was hard. You’ve been out two and a half days already.

Two and a half days? I thought wildly to myself, “Just… Five minutes. Then I’ll start heading there.

Triton nodded, before leaving, but not without a soft look.

“Niall, what happened up there? No one will tell me anything.” Cleo asked as soon as he was gone.

I shook my head slowly. “Government found the school, Cleo. They found us.”

A look of terror filled her eyes. “No…” I nodded, unable to help the tears that had begun to fill my eyes. The castle… It had become home to everyone that went there, a safe haven. I couldn’t believe it was gone. “What will that mean for Atlantis?

“I don’t know…” I said. We couldn’t stay in the dome, but we couldn’t exactly relocate an entire city. “I really don’t know…

-_-_-_-_-_-

After a quick meal, and a goodbye to both my grandfather and Cleo (who will probably never admit that tears (pearls?) were filling up in her eyes), I was off and away from the dome, and on the swim to the lake, that was near the cabin.

The hide-out, also known as the cabin, was simple looking. It looked like one of those old hunting cabins, small and wooden. We had only seen photos and told what to do, if we ever needed to go there. The hide-out was under the cabin. Completely underground.

It takes about an hour to swim there, all underground tunnels, fulled with water. Obviously.

I can up, at a lake, with the cabin in front of it. The lake wasn’t small, but it wasn’t big either. There were forest everywhere. We were probably in the middle of one. No shit. I muttered in my head, pulling out of the lake. I’d literally be a sitting merman until I dried.

Which took another fifteen minutes.

It really got annoying. I was used to having Liam there, ready with a grin, a kiss and a heating spell. The perks of dating a wizard.

I tried to think of stupid thoughts, memories of the six of us doing stupid things. Me and Liam joking off in class together, May and Louis teaming up on everyone for pranks (the two were a menace. I seriously think the teachers were highly regretting having them meet). I had to push all thoughts of someone, anyone, that I loved being taken. They’re all fine. I thought to myself, pushing myself off the ground after my tail disappeared. They’re probably all worried about you.