Chapter Four: Check Up

Ok, this chapter's a little on the shorter side, buuuuuttttt! I'm already working on the next one, so yay! I'm so so excited for the next chapter like, omfg guys, you have no idea. 

-Liam’s POV-

I could feel the bones in my body groaning in discomfort as I begun to wake up. It felt as though I had fallen asleep on the floor of my dorm- then I remembered.

The alarm, running away… “Niall…” I whispered shooting up into a sitting position, and nearly ramming into someone.

“Liam!” The voice said. It was May’s. “Thank god you’re awake.” She hugged me tightly, and I held onto her tightly.

“Are you ok?” I said, and I felt her nodded.

“I’m fine. Alive, breathing. A little spooked, but I’m good. You?” May asked.

“Besides the fact that we’ve been captured, I’m fine.” I replied, looking around the room. It was a grey squared room, with beds lining the wall- at least 20- and there seemed to be about half that many people in the room. “How long was I asleep?”

“About 5 days.” May replied, sitting back on the bed. Which felt like the floor, in all honesty.

“Have you…?” Seen anyone else? I wanted to ask, but I was scared of the answer.

“Just Louis.” She said sadly. “He’s in the room down the hall. They’re sorting us by our abilities, but they let us out for a couple hours each day for fresh air.”

“How many people do you think got caught?” I asked, trying to sit up, but failing. The room seemed to spin around when I tired.

“97, exactly.” She said. “40 magics, 25 werewolves, no vampires, 15 shape shifters, 7 fairies, and 10 merpeople.”

“40 magics?” I said, shocked.

She nodded. “We’re the most human-like, the easiest to catch. You know that Li.”

I nodded, “Yeah, yeah. You’re right. Have you seen who’s…?”

A dark and evil look crossed May’s face. “Yes. He caught me personally, the son of a bitch. It’s Lee’s ex, Miles.”

“Miles?” I was shocked. He’d seemed nice enough when I had met him, but that was wrong, I guess.

May nodded. “I don’t know if he’s running it or what, but he seems like, high up or whatever.”

“Have you tried-”

“Using magic?” She laughed, but it was bitter. “The walls… There’s something cutting off almost all my powers. I can only see the ghosts, and sometimes communicate with them.” May looked around for a second. “There’s so many ghosts Liam.”

I hugged her tightly, comforting her. “Everything’ll be ok May… We’ll get out of here, we’ll be fine.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

There was an actual schedule for us prisoners. Or, as the people who were ‘caring’ for us liked to call us, guests. At 9:15AM, it was breakfast time. Then from 10AM to 11:30AM it was free time, where we were allowed to go anywhere on the floor. From 11:30AM to 12:30PM it was lunch, then from 12:30PM to 5PM it was free time again, then 5-6PM, dinner. At 6, we went back to our assigned rooms and were locked in for the night. The only time we were allowed to go outside, was in the afternoon, on an assigned day each week. And it wasn’t very outdoors-y. Basically, there were four cement walls with an open top, but guards were always patrolling at the top, and there was some grass on the ground.