Chapter Five: Experiments

-Liam’s POV-

I could feel my stomach drop in fear, but I didn’t let it show. If I got these guys alone- which they probably needed to be if they were going to do experiments on me- I could take them. The only one that looked like he would be even a slight challenge was Jeans, but even then, it wouldn’t be too hard to take him out.

“But the weather’s so nice.” I said, not daring to glance at May or Louis. They knew it was code. We’d come up with it as soon as we could, that if one of us got a chance to try and break out, that something about the weather being good would be the code. “And I haven’t been outside in ages.”

“You’ll be back. We’re not going to hurt you.” One of the other men said. This one looked like a Scrawny. He was- scrawny, that is. And ginger. With glasses. Basically your typical nerd.

I nodded, and got up. I knew it would useless to fight now, that all the guards around would stop me before I could even get a punch in and then they would knock me out. Which wouldn’t be good. I would need all my senses if I wanted to take these three guys out.

As we walked back into the building, the four guards created a box around me, two in front, two behind. They led me to the end of the main hall, where there was an elevator and a key pad. One of the scientists punched in four numbers, and tried to hide it, but I saw the numbers, thankfully. 0647.

I stored that away for obvious reasons, and followed them into the elevator. Only two guards came with us.

The elevator ride was tense, but short. It opened up straight into a stark white lab, like one of those things you saw on TV.

There were tools everywhere, on every surface, and a dentist chair in the middle. The two guards left, going into a door on the far side of the lab. I was alone with the three scientists.

“Now, Liam, my name is Dr. Robertson.” Jeans said. “And I’d like you to take a seat, and just answer some questions for us.”

I snorted. “Like hell.”

Robertson nodded. “I figured that.” He seemed… Sorry, but I could tell it was beyond fake. “I took certain measures to make sure you would comply, if not willingly.”

“What…” I said, confused. Then I felt it. One of the other scientist attacked me from behind, stabbing a needle into my neck. A sedative. I could feel my body reacting, as it did when I ran the first time.

“Don’t worry.” Robertson said again, pushing me towards the seat then letting me fall into it. “It’s not as strong as the first one we gave you. This should only keep you out for say… An hour?” He smiled, but this one was definitely not meant to make you feel safe. No, it was fucking creepy man. “You’d better hope we’re done with our stage one testing.”

“Stage…” I tried to get out the word ‘one?’ out, but I couldn’t control my lips or my eyes shutting. I was out in a second.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Everything was blurry when I opened my eyes again. Someone was leaning over me, smiling. Robertson. I’d notice the creepy-ass smile anywhere. “There we are, waking up. Good job.” He nodded, taking a note on his clipboard. “Do you know how fascinating you are, Liam James Payne?” He knew my whole name. I know that I’ve never told him that. He walked over to a table, with different vials on it. The other two scientist were discussing something quietly, looking at a computer screen.

“I’m not human, so I’m imagine I’m fantasizing.” Liam mocked him, unable to move his limbs. It was like he was awake, but his body was still asleep.