6~ These Words Are My Own

|VOTE & COMMENT|

Derek's P.O.V

"You wanted to talk to me?" A familiar voice announced from behind me. I didn't have to turn around and know who it was. By this point, that masculine voice was deeply engraved into my mind.

"Yeah," I said, internally cringing at how uncharacteristically monotonous I sounded.

The man I had grown to like over the course of the past few weeks walked closer and sat beside me on the bench.

I stared at the large garden before, transfixed at the serenity of it all. The events of yesterday were still clear in my mind, and it only made my stomach tighten every time I thought about it; and if I was truly honest with myself I would admit that it was messing with my head. I couldn't decipher the reason behand me allowing him to take advantage of me as he had. I knew I didn't like him. He was so controlling and manipulative, and all the things I hated in a person. Yet, I couldn't stop thinking about him. It wasn't like I had any feelings towards him either, so why would I cling on to him as tightly as I had?

"I wanted to know something about Haden," I said, my voice sounding surprisingly stern. A silence stretched between us for a moment, and I tore my eyes away from the view before and turned to look at Ash. He looked puzzled. Perhaps my question caught him by surprise.

"Oh..." He paused, leaning back, "What did you want to know?" he responded; his voice was calm and kind despite the way he appeared on the outside.

"Just ask him," said the voice inside my head, and I nodded to myself.

"I just wanted to...um." I looked down at my cold fingers while playing with the tips of my fingers,. "I wanted to know whether he has always been like this."

"This?...What do you mean?" Ash inquired. I didn't have the guts to look at him. I was really intruding into Haden's life and worse than that, I was asking Ash, the man I almost kissed, about his brother. The same one I was engaged to.

I peeked at him from the corner of my eye, analyzing his body movements. Seeing him staring at me observantly with his eyebrows drawn together made me nervous. It was almost as if he knew something I didn't.

"Well...I mean, like, rude and mean and..." I trailed off, not wanting to actually insult his brother.

"Oh that! ...Well, not always," he sighed. "He was much nicer back when he was in high school. Then things happened and ever since then he's been like this."

"Oh..."

"Why do you want to know?" He asked me.

"Hmm...no reason. It just seems like...I don't know. I just don't understand what his problem is," I said, and it wasn't a total lie. I actually didn't know what his problem with me was. He just seemed to hate me from day one.

"Ah. He is quite nice once you get to know him,"

My heart went cold for a moment, as if it had paused for a single second. He gripped my hand, tighter than I expected; it felt cold in mine. I pulled my hand away from his, out from his grip, and stood up.

"I have to go," I said to Ash. A surprised look appeared on his face. Somehow it felt like I was rejecting him, and maybe I actually was. I walked back to the house without looking back at Ash. I could feel his gaze burning on my back.

"Excuse-moi," said a husky, feminine voice from behind me. What was with today and people sneaking up on me! I slowly turned around, only to see a beautiful woman standing in front of me. She was tall, fair, with perfect model like features with a long floral green dress and sunglasses that covered half her face. Her hazel coloured hair was tussled and fell just below her elbows, billowing in the wind as she stood there.

She was gorgeous.

"Yes?" I answered, a bit stupefied.

"Hai, I'm looking for Haden," she said with a strong accent, it sounded French, but I could be wrong. She stared directly into my eyes with her crystal clear Metal Blue ones.

"Haden...?"

"ALICHIA!" called out a voice from behind me. Urgh! What is with people coming up behind me today!

"HADENNN," she called out to him. Her face lit up and her eyes twinkled with overwhelming happiness. Alichia pushed me to the side with her hand and ran to him. She excitedly ran to my fiancé.

I didn't turn to look at Haden. I wouldn't have been able to handle seeing him, not just now, not after what happened. I could hear his Italian leather shoes tap as he walked towards us. He walked past me and went up to her, curling one arm around her waist and pulling her close to his chest into a hug. Something pulled tightly inside me, making me close my eyes and absorb the unusual pain.

"They are probably friends," said a voice from the inside of my head. "They probably aren't" said another.

"Ah, so you've met Derek," Haden said. He smiled at her politely, catching my eyes momentarily.

"Oh! So ziz is Derik?" she asked him, suddenly her accent thicker than before. Her expression changed into something dark for a millisecond, the look made a chill run down my spine before it regressed.

I smiled back at her and stuck my hand out. "I'm Derek," I introduced myself. "Nice to meet you."

"I've heard so much about you," she said, and her hand met mine in a handshake; her grip much stronger than I anticipated. Her long slender fingers almost crushed mine.

You've heard about me? So you know that I'm engaged to Haden?

"Derek, this is my..." Haden hesitated for a moment and looked between us before continuing, "..girlfriend, Alichia," he said, pulling her in, closer to him, and kissing the side of her head.

Girlfriend??

So he had no interest in men?

So it was true what I'd heard. He was straight!

The fucker was just playing with me.

Right. Of course he was. He IS that kind of person.

"Alichia, you already know about Derek, my...fiancé," he said jokingly, and laughed mockingly.

That cut me deep. It made me feel angry, annoyed, and horrible, but most of all, it made me feel worthless, like I was some kind of joke to him.

It was a horrible feeling.

SO guys what do you think!!

It's finally up! I hope you are enjoying this story.

so till next time, Answer me this:

1- what do you guys think about what is happening so far?
2- What do you think about Alichia?

3- think this is all for real?