Act 8

It was raining by the time the concert ended, but Louis didn't care.

He walked across the parking lot with a small smile on his face, clutching the band merch he bought like he was carrying diamonds.

Especially the pick that the bassist tossed out into the crowd after the show.

Louis knocked a girl onto the floor to catch that pick, and he was going to cherish it forever.

Louis wouldn't admit it to anyone, but tonight had to have been one of the best nights of his life.

Zayn, however, felt a bit like a chaperone.

Louis didn't pay much attention to him during the show, making Zayn feel like some mom who was there because her child wasn't old enough to be there alone.

Of course, the evening didn't completely suck.

Zayn was entertained constantly by a whole new side of Louis.

The side that danced, screamed, smiled, sang, and even laughed.

It may have been a little strange to see, but Zayn kind of liked it.

"Are you hungry?" He asked Louis after they got in the car, the rain beginning to pour down seconds after they managed to close their doors.

"Um, maybe a little." Louis lied, carefully resting his merch in his lap while keeping the pick safe in his fist.

He was starving, actually.

"Anywhere specific you want to go?" Zayn asked.

"Doesn't matter to me." Louis shrugged.

"Let's think before I try to drive in this." Zayn decided, sitting back and lighting a cigarette.

He cracked the window enough to let the smoke escape, casually taking a drag.

Zayn had needed a cigarette for almost two hours.

"You smoke?" Louis asked, the odor burning his nose.

Zayn looked at him. "Nah." He said sarcastically, giving him a duh look.

"That's disgusting." Louis said, staring at him.

"Well, hate to break it to you but I bet that bassist you're so in love with is smoking right now." Zayn said.

"I'm not in love with him. He's just my favorite." Louis said quietly.

"But you think he's attractive." Zayn said, looking at him.

"Well...I mean, yeah but-"

"Case closed." Zayn said, taking another drag.

"No, case not closed. Put that disgusting thing out." Louis commanded.

"No! It's my car." Zayn scoffed.

"Yeah? Well it's my lungs and I'd prefer if they didn't shrivel." Louis snapped.

"You're welcome to get out." Zayn said sharply, staring at him.

"You get out!" Louis scoffed.

"But it's my car!" Zayn protested loudly.

"So you expect me to get out and stand in the pouring rain just so you can be nasty?" Louis asked.

"That, or quit being a wuss and deal with it, yeah." Zayn replied.

"So I'm a wuss because I care about my health? That's mature." Louis said, folding his arms.