V. Decsending into Madness

Attempting to rest was futile, as no matter how tired he felt or how much his eyes stung, he was unable to fall into slumber. His knuckles were bruised and swollen from the window punching. The wall he leaned against was cold and his mouth still dry from the lack of food or drinks and the unsanitary condition of the room. His eyelids felt heavy. He stared at the other end of the room thinking about what else is happening around him. He thought about his mother and her health. He thought about his dog who probably misses him. He began to feel an empty feeling in his chest, thinking about these things. He stared at the other side of the room and focused on a small crack to stare at. The ticking of the clock only became clearer when he tried to ignore it. There was no way to drown it out. He stared at the crack he was focusing on while being bombarded with the never ending cycle of ticking and tocking. The crack began to slowly distort before his eyes. He stared in confusion at the rotating crack that began to change sizes. He was beginning to grow delusional, to grow mad. How long had he been isolated here? This crack seemed to take on a life of its own. Is his mind playing tricks on him? He had no clue. The ticking of the clock grew even louder and echoed like that in a dream. He thought about the possibility of this being a dream but the severe pain he felt throughout his body was far too real to ignore. The crack began to move like a worm burning in the light of day. The light of day. The light of day. He thought about his potential freedom he simply could not reach once more. He wanted to be free. The clocks ticking started to sound like a giant, stomping on a pile of rubble directly into his ears. His eyes twitched. The clock ticked. Louder and louder it grew. It was an unbearable ordeal that he simple could not cope with.