Chapter 3 - Locket

Jack's POV

I frantically ran into town. I looked around, desperate to find the man I met yesterday. I saw him outside of the coffee shop, sadly staring at a cup of black coffee.

"Mark!" I called as I ran up to him. I slammed my hands on the table. "Mark, I have to tell you something-" I panted, out of breath.

"You know my name." He looked up at me in wonder. "You know my name!" He grinned broadly.

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"I never told you my name." He leaned forward in his chair. "Guess my full name!" He said excitedly.

"Mark Edward Fischbach..." I muttered in disbelief. I really did know his name. He had the happiest grin that I had ever seen.

"So, what happened?" He listened.

"I had three dreams." I said, he nodded. "They took place in the Civil War, Titanic, and World War 2." He nodded again. "And you were there, Mark! And Felix, and we were in love, and we died together..." I ran a hand through my hair. "And then I woke up, and I couldn't believe the dreams I had. I went back to sleep, and I had a fourth dream." I sat down across from him. "It was now. We started dating, and we were so happy. You said it was meant to be, and I was the happiest I had ever been in my entire life." I looked into his sparkling eyes.

"Jack, now do you believe we're soul mates?" He asked hopefully.

"How could I not?" I let out a breathy laugh, still completely doubting that such a beautiful man could even be considered my soul mate.

--------------------

"Jackaboy, happy birthday!" Mark woke me up. He leaned down and kissed me passionately. "I have something for you..." He whispered, hiding something behind his back.

"What is it?" I asked excitedly. He sat up and held out a bouquet of flowers and a small box. I gasped happily as I took the beautiful array of flowers.

"Open the box!" He cheered excitedly. I set the flowers aside and took the box from his hands. I untied the silky red ribbon and lifted up the white lid. Buried underneath layers of tissue paper was a little golden locket. Engraved on the front was a tiny J♥M. Tears filled my eyes as I opened the locket to see a picture of Mark and I kissing on our wedding day.

"Mark, this is so beautiful." I hugged him tightly.

"I want you to always hold me close to your heart." He whispered as he slipped it around my neck.

"I love it almost as much as I love you." I giggled and kissed him.

"I knew you would like it."

--------------------

"Oh, I wonder what it is..." I grinned as I opened the small box. A dark, silvery locket with the same engraving lie in the box. I smiled as I opened it and saw a picture of Mark and I on our first date.

"Are you tired of getting these?" Mark asked sadly. My eyes widened as I looked up at him.

"What? No!" I told him honestly. "What makes you say that?"

"This is the eighth one I've gotten you." He sighed.

"And each one is a different, beautiful color. Each one has a different picture of the two of us happily together. By the time I'm old, I'll have one to match every outfit." I kissed him sweetly. "Each one is simply beautiful."

"Just like you." Mark chuckled.

"I'm not simple. I'm so complicated and hard to understand." I sighed.

"You are not. There's not much to understand, you're beautiful and amazing and I love you so much." Mark pecked my lips. "We can live a simple life together. You and me, someday a kid, watching them grow older. You don't have to complicate anything. Life is simple."

~AN~

Sorry for the short chapter :/

I had some writers block with how to make this chapter longer, but the next chapter will hopefully be better

Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading and if you liked it PUNCH that vote button in the face, LIKE A BOSS! And I will see all you bosses IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!