Chapter 4 - We All Fall Down

Mark's POV

"Jack, please stay with me!" I begged.

"Mark, I love you so much, and I want to fight for you! I want you to be safe!" He held my hands tightly.

"We're safe! They're fighting further east and in other countries. We're okay here." I tried to convince him.

"You don't know that..." He muttered. I pulled him into a tight hug, our chests pressed together and our hearts beating against each other.

"Jack, I love you so much. If you stay nothing will change. We'll be together forever." I pressed my lips against his neck.

"Mark, life isn't that simple." I felt his tears stain my shirt.

"Yes, it is!" I looked him in the eyes. "Everyone just makes it complicated!"

"Mark, I want you to be safe." And with those words, he left.

--------------------------------------------------

"Have you seen this man?" I asked the thousandth person that day.

"No, sorry." They muttered and continued walking.

It had been 5 years since he left to fight in World War 3.

I had visited 13 different states since the war ended, and I stood on a corner asking people if they had seen my Jack.

He couldn't be dead...

I had to die with him...

It was our fate, wasn't it?

"Have you seen this man?" I slumped against a wall, accepting defeat and looking at the ground.

"What's his name?"

I looked up to see a blonde haired man holding hands with a beautiful girl.

"F-Felix?" I asked weakly.

"I'm Felix!" He laughed. "Seriously, are you still looking for Sean? He's been dead for years." He frowned slightly.

"He's not dead." I looked him in the eyes. "He changed his identity. He's Jack... J-Jack Fischbach." My voice lowered to a whisper, and Felix's eyes lit up.

"Really?" Be asked excitedly, but then realization dawned on him. "W-Where did he go...?"

"He went to fight, and I haven't seen him since..." Before I knew it, I tasted salty tears drip on my lips.

"I'm sorry... I-I... I don't know..." Felix sighed sadly.

He turned to follow his girlfriend down the road, but a shriek broke the thick air. It was as if time had totally slowed down.

A car sped around the corner. She shrieked, frozen in fear. Felix jumped. Felix pushed her. Felix got hit.

Felix died.

The car skid onto the sidewalk, hurtling into a building. Blood was everywhere. If I had stumbled across Felix's body, I wouldn't have been able to tell it was him. His face and brains stained the road. It was a nightmare come true. It was a horror show in real life.

His girlfriend cried, her screams of sorrow ringing throughout the street. Mothers had tears streaming down their cheeks as they covered their shrieking children's eyes. Fathers ushered their families into cars and called the police. Onlookers either threw up looking at the gore or ran inside of shops and restaurants.

Felix's girlfriend wailed like a banshee as anger consumed the sadness, and she ran over to the murderous car. She flung one of the doors open and dragged the killer out onto the sidewalk. She threw her fists at him, bringing bruises to the unconscious man's face. People ran to stop her, pulling her away from the man that killed her beloved boyfriend. They held her back, and when they dropped her, she sobbed. She gasped and cried as the tears choked her and the sadness robbed her of breath.

But Felix was still dead.

Police arrived at the scene. They took the two bodies away. The man hadn't felt the pain of the girl's fists. She had been beating a dead man's body.

I took the event as a sign. The dreams, Felix had been there. He died. Jack and I died.

I knew right then that Jack was dead.

My love was dead.

My soulmate was dead.

My Jack was dead.

--------------------------------------------------

1.

2.

3.

4.

I drank myself into a stupor.

Shots upon shots.

I chugged half a bottle of hard liquor.

A bottle of beer.

1/3 a bottle of whiskey.

I stumbled.

Bumbled.

About my house.

I cried.

And cried.

Jack in my mind.

I felt so dehydrated.

So I drank more.

Not a glass of water.

Slipped past my lips.

The sweet alcohol a replacement of his kiss.

My drunkenness a replacement for the high of love.

I never left the kitchen. I downed the bottles. Half of one, half of another. Finish one, finish the other.

One.

By.

One.

Until.

I.

Was.

Done.

~AN~

Sorry this chapter was short, but holy crap feels ;-;

Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading and if you liked it PUNCH that vote button in the face, LIKE A BOSS! And I will see all you bosses IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!