Chapter 31

Elliot's POV
I put as much pressure as I could on the wounds. Everyone was yelling and screaming and I'm on the verge of crying. I'm trying not to lose the woman I love so much.

"Call a bus!" I yelled before turning my attention back to Liv. "Liv, can you hear me?" I asked as I continued to apply pressure. She put her hands on mine and tightened her grip. "C'mon baby, hang in there, okay? A bus is on the way. I can't lose you...I love you," I said as tears went down my face.

Liv was lying there on the ground. Helpless. Bleeding out...dying. I don't care if everyone sees me broken. I love this woman and we just got married. I can't lose her. She got shot in the stomach...twice.

The bus finally gets there and they carry Liv off to the nearest hospital to begin surgery. I headed to our car to follow the bus.

"Elliot, where you goin'?" Fin said as he hurried across the parking lot.

"I'm going to the hospital. Where the h*** else?" I said, pretty ticked off.

"Not like that. You need to get cleaned up first, man. Liv's gonna be fine. She's in the hands of professionals. She'll make it," Fin said as he tried to encourage me.

But...was she going to be okay? She looked so...lifeless lying there on the ground.

"Fine!" I said, giving in. After all, they might think I'm crazy walking in there with blood all over me.

Fin drove me home and I took a warm shower, washing all the blood off of me.

I got out and threw on some clothes, khakis and a button up shirt. Fin and I quickly drove to the hospital, using the police lights as leverage.

I ran in and yelled Liv's name. They directed me to her, Fin right behind me.

She was lying on an operating table. I begin to get so infuriated.

"Who the h*** would want to shoot her!?" I yelled as I threw my hands to the top of my head.

"I don't know, man," Fin said. Just then, the operators began closing the curtains that allowed us to look in on Liv.

We just sat there. I didn't really know how to feel...all I could think about was if she was okay or not.

~~~

They finally finished operating and I was allowed to go in and see her for a bit before I got any news from the doctors.

I walked in the room and just stared. I hope she's okay.

I finally pulled a chair up beside the hospital bed and sat down, taking her hands in mine.

As she lie there so vulnerable, and there was nothing I could do.

"I wished it had been me," I said as I looked down.

All those machines hooked up to her and it's...scary, you know? It's crazy to think that she got shot. I just don't get who would shoot her and...why?

Those are two questions running through my head right now. I wanted them in prison, whoever it was.

"Liv, I need you to stay in there, alright? I can't just lose you right after we get married," I said as I put my head in my hands. "This isn't how I wanted this to be. I wanted us to be happy and head out for our honey moon...but instead some jerk shot you. You didn't deserve this and it breaks me to see you lying in this hospital bed so broken and weak. It's killing me to know whether you're going to be fine or not. I can't live a day without you, and if someone told me I had to, they are out of their minds of they think I would," I said, but quickly shut up as someone entered the room and I turned my attending to the ajar door to see my captain standing in the doorway.

"How you holding up?" Cragen asked as he closed the door.

"I just...don't know what to do," I said as I looked back at Liv.

"It's okay, Elliot. It's not exactly what we would call easy, but we'll get through this...she'll get through this," he said as he took a seat on the other side of her bed.

"Cap, you know Liv...she won't tell us when something's up. She'll push it off as she's fine and it doesn't matter. She puts saving and worrying about other people than she does about her own self. When she's not fine, she doesn't show it," I said, looking at him.

"That's why she has you, Elliot. She tells you everything. You know her better than anyone else ever will," he said.

"She doesn't tell me everything, but thanks, Cragen," I said as he got up and walked out, only to be met by a nurse.

"Um...Elliot Stabler?" she asked as I stood up.

"That's me," I said.

"We'd like to speak with you about Mrs. Stabler's condition," she said as I walked out of the room.

"Of course. What's going on? Did the surgery go okay? Is she going to be alright?" I flooded the nurse with questions.

I just couldn't help but worry. That's my wife in there. No...that's my whole world in there.

"Yes. Yes, she's fine. Twice to the stomach...we took the bullet fragments out and cleaned the wound, sewed her back up and she should be fine within a few weeks. She may experience some pain, but other than that she'll be fine. The pain should be over within a month, maybe two. We are going to give her some pain killers, she doesn't have to take them, but it will help if she can't take the pain," she said as she looked over the clipboard she was holding in her hands.

"Thank you, so much. I can't explain how grateful I am," I said as I flashed her a small smile.

"Oh and I'm sorry for your loss...it must be tough," she said as she turned to walk away.

"What loss?" I asked in confusion as the young nurse turned to face me again.

"The baby," she said as she took a very long pause, realizing the shock on my face. "You didn't know...did you?" she asked as she looked at me with concern.

All that was going through my head right now was why Liv didn't tell me she was pregnant.

"How far along?" I asked.

"About three weeks," she said as she looked at me before walking off. I tried to think of the last time we interacted.

She's right. About three weeks ago Liv and I were out of town...we can't help what goes down in the bedroom.

Then it hit me...Liv doesn't...didn't know she was pregnant. She didn't have morning sickness yet and never bought a pregnancy test.

How on earth am I going to tell Liv when she wakes up?

A/N~ I AM SO SORRY! AM I A HORRIBLE PERSON? YES? OKAY. I JUST...DON'T KNOW. I LITERALLY HATE MYSELF FOR THIS. I'M SORRY. I LOVE YOU BABES💗💗