2. Friends or Foes?

Things might've changed for over periods of time but my memory does not. (Background song: I Will Be by Avril Lavigne) 

"Cece, I must say this but there may be a chance that he would recognize you." Kaien's energetic aura altered to a serious one while mine changed to shocked.  

"What?! You said he won't!" I whispered-shouted.  

"I, uh...said I was not sure." 

"You so didn't say that!!" Right now, I'm fuming with anger.  

"Uhh, I just did a second ago."  

I face palmed at the stupidity of Kaien. My situation would either put be in danger or not. I hope it won't but if it will, then I definitely won't go down without a fight. I just ignored Kaien to loosen my nerves.  

We were at the middle of walking when somebody opened the door. Then there he was. His eyes exposed a complete surprise, fear and confusion moreover, he tried his best to be contained and waited for us until we made our stop.  

In my eyes, he's still the old Kaname that I knew. Although his appearance changed a lot, his hair had gotten longer and messier with a body structure that was very elegantly postured and broad.  

A slight grin extended unto my mouth at the sight of him. 

"Your great appearance was highly anticipated. It's such a great honor to meet a royal pureblood. Welcome to Cross Academy, Cecelia-denka." He paid respects. Somewhat, it brought chills to my spine (Denka means your majesty) 

But wait a minute... 

How did he know that I'm a royal? I gave Kaien a cynical look and he returned it with an 'I'll-explain-to-you-later' look.  

"Please take extra good care of my precious Cece-chan for now Kaname-kun! And a little warning...she might bite. Adios!" Kaien waved and sprinted before I could respond.  

"I do not!" He was already gone in a split of seconds. That son of a hunter!!! 

"And to answer him, I gladly will." I've completely forgotten that Kaname was there since I was too focused in pouring out my anger. "May I have your permission to take you to your chamber Cecelia-denka?" 

I get really irritated whenever someone calls me 'Denka.' The sound of it was just dislikable! I know I can't what I was born from a well as my entitlement as being the heiress to my father's throne and the lone survivor of the Lafielle Clan.  

"You can call me Cecelia or Cece for short, whatever you choose." 

"But---" 

"I insist" 

"Very well, Cecelia..."there was a difficulty from his voice because of calling me without the honorific.  

Both of us went inside the Night Dorms quietly and since I have no personal belongings with me at the moment but I have money of course. I seriously doubted that Kaname's the right companion to go shopping.  

"Cecelia, do you mind if I introduce you to the Night Class students?" 

"I don't mind at all." 

We headed our course to the main area and I was pretty surprised because it was filled with teen vampires. Their aura were so overwhelming to me, I felt stifled for a moment.  

Because I was not expecting this, my ability was fully activated and I got their attention right away, the informations were just plainly incalculable to me. (Bear in mind a person's history and their names by just one look in their eyes but numerous of individuals could cause her discomfort especially when their attentions are on her and if her ability is currently activated.)