6. Heated Tension

I pulled the hem of my cream colored toga, swaying dramatically by the wind. It was early in the morning. Usually, vampires sleep in the morning and wakes at night but I choose to challenge those stereotypical ideals. The light never bothered me anyway.  

Walking down the wooden stairs, I admired the beauty of the sea. It was incredibly breath taking that I forgot all the abnormalities the world is having. I could stay in this position forever, just looking at the horizon and feed the satisfaction my soul needs.  

If I have one though.  

The touch of the fine sands made a tingling sensation to my bare feet. Everything around me was so peaceful and serene until I felt someone's presence coming towards me. A playful smirk crept through my mouth as I knew whose it was.  

"Good morning Zero." I said in a soft manner, keeping my back at him. 

I completely understood Zero's unfortunate hatred towards my kind but he also needs to understand that whatever he do, he can't change the fact that he's one of us as well. He can't escape the bitterness of reality. He needs to wake up.  

"You're awake." He retorted indifferently. Yet he had the nerves to talk to his superior like that. But it's fine with me. In fact, I find his attitude very amusing. Like a stubborn little child.  

"Am I not allowed to?"  

"I'm not saying you're not. This is just a rare case for vampires especially a pureblood like you." he made his way by my side and stared at the horizon.  

"Well, count me as an exception. It bored me there anyways, being in the same room with another pureblood." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.  

Truthfully, being with Kaname annoys the hell out of me but at the same time, I like it. I still love him but his attitude and mannerisms brings the pure evil out of me, even more if he's with Yuki. I admit, that's indeed, jealousy. 

Zero turned his head to the side and raised an eyebrow as if questioning my statement but he continued not to speak. He looked away instead but still, I could read his emotions and thoughts. Again, I smirked at his amusing behavior and way of thinking.  

"So, do you plan to do anything productive today?" I spoke up.  

"I don't know." He shrugged, his eyes still fixed at the scenery in front of us. "Do you?" 

"A short walk would do. You know, stroll along the place, getting rid of the bad aura by leaving Kaname out of the picture." I pursed my lips into a thin line. The last thing I want right now would be arguing with Kaname, again. He doesn't really argue, I just make the situation more...reasonable.  

"Is that how you hate him?"  

"One could say that." I gave a smile at him that he usually doesn't return back. "How about you? I know your deep hatred towards vampires in general but, do you hate me as well? I mean, even a pureblood counts as one." 

He seemed taken aback but unfazed at my question just by how he immediately looked directly at me. The sound of the beating of his heart indicated he was hesitant to answer my question.  

"I don't...hate you." He looked away, embarrassed to say that to me.  

Somehow, I felt relieved at what he said. "Then that's good." I thought of something, "Hey you want to do something fun?"  

"Define 'fun'" he inclined his head and looked at me knowingly.  

"Oh c'mon! Don't be such a pussy. I'll take you around the island. Trust me, it'll be awesome!" I didn't give him a chance to protest and dragged him off his stance.