♚o n e♚

EDITED

Courtney's POV

I flip a page of my mystery/thrill book, "The Kidnapper".

(A/N: Fake book...so don't even search up a book by the title "The Kidnapper"...😂)

"She screamed, scratching the mysterious man, doing anything in order to escape and get home.

'Please leave me alone! Please!' she shrieked, but the man only ignored her.

'It's okay...' he purred, putting the dripping wet cloth closer to her face. 'This is only alcohol, baby...it'll sleep you...'

'No! I have to get home! Please let me go!' she yelled.

He chuckled, pressing the cloth to her face. She screamed and screamed, but soon fell unconscious in his arms.

'Shhh...time to go home...' he murmured. He pulled her ove-"

BUZZ!

I groan, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

Rachel 👿: come home.

I roll my eyes, putting down my phone on the table, ignoring the text message from my step-mother.

BUZZ!

"Grrrrr..." I growl, picking up my phone again.

Rachel 👿: NOW! Your brother just arrived from college...I expect you in 15 minutes...

I gasp, and a gicantic smile appears on my face.

My brother is back from college!

I get up from the table, grabbing my stuff and putting it in my purse.

I walk over to Miss Roberts, the librarian

"You're leaving so soon already, sweetie?" she asked, leaving her little desk, and giving me a bone-cracking hug.

"Yes, Miss Roberts. You know my stepmom...always wanting me home before dark," I reply once we break apart.

"Well, I don't blame her. Nobody would harm an old lady like me, but who knows what could happen to such a gorgeous, young lady like you! They could harm you, and even...God! I'm sorry for frightening you," she apologizes wholeheartedly.

I shake my head. "It's alright. I must be going. Bye, Miss Roberts!"

"Bye, sweetie. I hope that I'll be seeing you tomorrow here!" she exclaims as I exit the library.

As I leave, the cold British wind greets me. I zip up my sweater, and start walking home.

Thanks to my parents, I don't have a car.

"You're too irresponsible for a car, Courtney. You can always save up for one once you leave this house," my father had scoffed when I asked him.

I walk at a fast pace, hoping to avoid any random strangers lurking in the dark streets.

"Hey, darling. What are you doing all alone in the dark?" I hear a voice ask. I pick up his deep, British accent.

I ignore him, and start jogging.

Just a few more streets...

I hear his swift feet, and he grabs me from behind, pressing a wet cloth on my face. He drags me behind a building.

My muffled screams are the only noise in the silent night. I try to break from his strong, yet careful hold. I wiggle under his grip, but he only lets out a sigh.

"Shhhhh...don't scream...everything will be alright...shhhh..." he whispers.

I feel warm tears slide down my face, and my eyesight blurs, and I stop screaming and escaping.

The last thing I see are the swaying trees.

Then...

DARKNESS...

➳➳➳➳➳

First chapter! How was it? Comment, vote, and share.

DAMA