five

justin

I felt myself wake up and I was confused to see that I wasn't in my room . . .

I wasn't in my hospital room either, so I guess that's a good thing.

I sat up and saw Evelyn sleeping on her bed, then it came back to me, I was still at her place. I stood and stretched before walking over to her. "Evelyn," I said softly, pushing her shoulder gently.

She didn't wake up and her lips parted, escaping the cute little snores. I smiled. She looks so angelic. "Evelyn," I repeated a little louder, and this time she groaned and covered her face with a pillow,"Come back in 3 years," she said.

I laughed,"Evelyn, get up." She frowned and sat up. "You don't wake a black woman from her sleep! The only person allowed to do that is my mom," she scowled. I laughed,"Sorry."

"What time is it?" She asked.

I shrugged,"I don't know." She tilted her head and looked at me like I was dumb,"Well how about you look at your phone...?"

"Oh," I chuckled, embarrassed,"Right. It is ---" I looked at my phone --- "7:43."

"Sheesh, we were knocked out," she laughed,"I guess teepee'ng someone's house really tires you out."

"Yeah," I said. It was better just to agree. I knew why I had took a nap. I was too active today, and cancer makes you short winded after doing every single activity. You need to sit down and take some deep breaths, and you get tired easily. I needed that nap. But hey, maybe she was tired from running around throwing toilet paper rolls everywhere.

She looked at me and then quickly looked away. "Let's go uh.. Get your clothes. They're probably dry."

I just nodded and put my hands in my pockets as she led me to the basement.

After we got them, I went into her restroom and put them on. When I was done I offered her the sweatpants back. "No thanks, they look better on you anyway."

Was that an attempt to flirt? Should I feel all giddy about this?

"Thanks," I said, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "So, we had our little fun and we slept. Is there anything else you want do? Are you hungry?"

"Yes, I need to eat, actually." It was about time to take those stupid once a day pills.

She raised an eyebrow,"Why do you need to eat?"

"Uh, it's just a scheduled thing, I guess," I shrugged. "Oh, well what do you want?"

"Cereal," I told her without thinking. Cereal was the only thing I was used to making. "Cereal? Well today's your lucky day, cause both me and Chanel have cereal obsessions." She led me to the kitchen and made both of us a bowl.

I got Cinnamon Toast Crunch and she ate Fruity Pebbles.

"So," she said when we got back to her room. When she wasn't looking I took the pill. We were sitting on her bed Indian style with our bowls in our laps,"Tell me about yourself."

"What do you wanna know?"

"The basic stuff first. Your whole name, favorite color, first date, age. Stuff like that," she said.

"Okay. Justin Drew Bieber, Purple, never had one, 22."

"You've really never had a first date?" She asked. I chuckled,"I told you that I've never had a girlfriend before."

"But ... But that doesn't necessarily mean that you didn't have a first date. Aww," she pouted. "It's not that bad, actually."

"That brings me to my second question. Why didn't you have a real childhood? I mean like, you're the only 22 year old who won't touch their phone all day."