3. The Life With Untold Truths

"Yes

"Yes. I understand, ma'am."

Tossing a chip in her mouth, she watched as the boy struggled to get the lady to tell him her order. "How did he get the job again?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, tossing another chip on her mouth. Jeffery tossed a chip in his mouth, sighing as he chewed on the chip.

"Maybe I was drunk." He responded."I don't remember. So maybe I was." He shrugged, earning a chuckle from his sister.

"Jeffery! Y/N!" They threw the bag of chips into the sink, acting as normal as they could when Ally walked into the kitchen."Why aren't you two working?"

"Shawn is taking care of the only customer now." Y/N answered quickly, glancing at Jeffery for help.

"And we cleaned every cup in the bar." He added.

"Then clean some tables." Ally ordered, clapping her hands together before walking further into the kitchen.

"We get the early shift and now we have to do a pointless job." Y/N muttered, huffing before catching the cleaning rag that Jeffery threw at her.

"Get used to it." Jeffery replied, pushing his sister ahead of him. She groaned quietly, starting to clean the first table she walked by.

/
\

"Let me get this straight," Dinah shook her head shortly, trying to wrap her head around the information Lauren just told her."you think Y/N is here for you?" Lauren hummed, nodding."Because you think she likes you?"

Lauren hummed in response again.

"She told you this? Like the words,'I like you' came out of her mouth?" Normani asked, her eyebrows connected in confusion.

"Well..."

"Lauren," Camila sighed, running her hand through hair before shaking her head at the green eyed girl."you can't just assume–"

"Oh my god," Lauren shook her head, running her hand through her hair."no, she basically...kind of..."

"Aren't you the one who says not to make assumptions?" Normani pointed out, earning a glare from the green eyed girl. Normani raised her hands up in defense,"You are, so stop making assumptions."

"I'm not." Lauren frowned, crossing her arms huffing."I'll prove it. She's my best friend and she can tell me anything–"

"Lauren, think." Dinah shook her head."Even if she did like you, like you say she does, she wouldn't tell you. She would probably be scared." Dinah told her seriously.

Lauren sighed, staying quiet as she thought all this through. Dinah made a good point, because that's the same exact thing she's doing with Jeffery. She's just going to have to wait it out, or see if there is any clue if Y/N does like her. Now that she thinks about it, Y/N has been acting differently around her since she's arrived. Usually, Y/N goes directly to Lauren whenever she has something to tell, to vent basically. She would call Lauren if it were urgent, even though they have been distant the past year. Wait, they've been distant for the past year.