6. The Life's Food

"What do you recommend?" The man asked, not removing his gaze off the menu

The girl raised her eyebrow, clicking her pen as she thought of an answer to an unusual question. She cleared her throat, catching the man's attention as she said,"Honestly, the food here is good. It's just the chefs that aren't all that...good." She hesitated, shrugging her shoulders after, not caring of her choice of words.

This earned more of the man's attention."Really?"

"Yeah." She shrugged, clicking her pen again as she asked again,"What would you like, sir?" She waited patiently, watched as the man eyed the new printed and laminated menus that Y/N did herself. She stopped herself from tapping her foot, not wanting to come off as impatient.

"I'm not sure..." The man cleared his throat, setting the menu down slowly and gently. Then continued,"...I want to eat here anymore."

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, clicking her pen again as she wondered what it was that changed his mind. She moved out of the way quickly, letting the man exit the diner with what looked like a unsatisfied expression. She scoffed at him, shaking her head as she muttered a quiet,"Asshole."

"What did you say to him?" Ally stopped her before she could reach the kitchen, right next to the bar, with a stern look on her face.

Y/N scratched her head, putting her notepad down on the bar as she squeezed herself past Ally and behind the bar. She shrugged before she answered."I just told him about the food."

"What about the food?" Ally raised her eyebrow, staying where she stood as she eyed her friend.

"The chefs." Y/N shrugged, getting an incredulous look from the short girl. She let out a sigh, then said,"Not you. Dave and David." She shrugged again, taking out a cup to serve herself something to drink.

Ally stopped her quickly, making the girl frown when she did, then said,"You mean Dave and Davis." She corrected her, getting a tilt of the head from the girl."And what about them?"

"They don't know how to cook." She snorted out a laugh, and picked up her notepad when she saw customers sitting down at a booth."No offense to them, but they're cooking isn't all that...good." She hesitated, shrugging with an amused smile on her lips.

Ally only shook her head, an amused smile on her lips.

Y/N shrugged, stopping right by the kitchen door and said,"Its sometimes burned, or tastes like the inside of a fridge." Ally quirked her eyebrow at that last one, crossing her arms over her chest. Shrugging again, Y/N added,"I only speak the truth,"