10. The Life with an Unexpected Twist

"And that is how I spent my Thanksgiving last year

"And that is how I spent my Thanksgiving last year."

Jeffrey looked at his sister, his jaw ajar as he did, wondering how he was related to her. His head tilted to the side, watching his sister nod before grabbing a straw, now distracted with it. He shook his head, standing up and grabbed the cloth that was on the bar."I love ya, sis." He messed up the girl's hair, causing her to groan before he walked into the kitchen.

"Guys!" Jeffrey heard from the kitchen, which caused him to stop in his tracks and turn around. He walked back out to the diner, eyebrow raised when he saw an out of breath Canadian. The Canadian held his hand up, signaling the twins to wait. He sucked in a deep breath, before saying,"The bakery next door..." he took another deep breath, hunching over as he tried catching his breath again."they...they closed!" He shouted out quickly, finally finishing what he wanted to say before focusing on catching his breath.

"Cool beans." Y/N said, going back to trying to make the straw in her hand look like it was bending, but wasn't really.

"I heard." Ally said once she came out of the kitchen, an apron around her waist as she went to flip the sign on the front door. She had a small frown on her lips as she made her way back towards the kitchen,"I really loved their cupcakes. I would ask for the recipe but they would never tell me."

"Those demons, who can say no to Ally?" Y/N shook her head, her eyebrows furrowed as she kept her concentration on the straw. The three other people in the room heard her, shaking their heads at her before Ally spoke up.

"It was fine. They said it was a family recipe, and that they wanted to keep it that way." Ally informed them, which got understanding nods and mumbles of understanding from two out of the three people paying attention."Why are you telling us this anyway, Shawn?"

"Because!" Shawn exclaimed excitedly, taking a seat at the bar with an excited smile."There's a for sale sign!"

Y/N snorted,"This guy plans on buying it." She said, the straw falling out of her hand, causing her to frown."Damn it. Karma is bitch...and quick." She mumbled, glancing around as if she could find "Karma" herself.

"No. I'm not saying this so I could buy it." Shawn shook his head, looking at Ally with a smile, which caused Jeffrey to raise his eyebrow. He had a feeling that the Canadian might say something stupid and completely impossible."I'm saying it so, maybe, The Life Bar and Diner could expand."

"What?" Y/N said confusedly, the straw now out of it's wrapped, and now bending it carelessly.

"He's saying," Jeffery looked at Shawn shortly, then looked at his sister and Ally."we should buy the bakery next store."

It went silent for a short moment, everybody taking in what Jeffery just said. Shawn had an excited grin on his lips, waiting for Ally to say something about this idea. Jeffery had this dull expression on his face, basically saying this idea is stupid. Then Y/N, she was looking at the Canadian incredulously, an expression everyone knew what it meant. It was actually clear what she was thinking.