Chapter 18

Wisteria's P.O.V:

As soon as the dizziness plagued my head, it dissipated into thin air as Fili and Kili helped me sit up. I put a had on my slightly throbbing head as Fili asked, "What happened?" I sighed as I took my hand away from my forehead, "I heard the cries of several of my kin, and their bonds along with them. It was deafening." I could tell that they were both confused so I smiled faintly, "It means that I felt the bond connections of some of my forms shatter as the warriors, whose hearts they belonged to, died out there." It was then that I saw the crying form of Ravenna in the doorway. I acknowledged her as she bounded into my lap without a moment's notice and started to ball into my chest. Fili and Kili sat down in front of us as she whimpered, "H-He's changed so much Wisteria! He told me to die!" I stroked her head fur as I asked, "Who said that? I'm sure that whoever said it will-" Ravenna cut me off by leaping onto a higher level of rubble as she roared, "THORIN OAKENSHIELD! That bastard dwarf king took the last straw. He told me that I could go and die for all he cared! He severed the trust between me and him." I placed a hand to my mouth as Ravenna continued spilling words full of venom from her mouth. "He doesn't care about anything other than his gold anymore! Why, he could go to the depths of hell and stay there! I hope the dragon sickness kills him!!" Unexpectedly, it was Balin that intervened, "He will die from it if you wish it so Ravenna! Unless he comes to his senses soon, I fear that he will only get worse." Ravenna scoffed as she scraped her sharp claws against the cold hard stone, "Nothing is worse than having your bond severed. NOTHING!" When she finished her rant, Ravenna paused for a moment as she saw a flash of light in the hallway in front of us. A figure began to advance toward us, which I realized was Thorin himself. And he couldn't have come in a worse time when Ravenna was so enraged.

As Thorin came into view for the rest of the company, along with Ravenna, Kili stood up and stared him down. Kili fed off of Ravenna's rage as he advanced toward Thorin, "I will not hide behind a wall of stone, while others fight our battles for us!" He then paused, similar to when Ravenna had done so and whispered as Thorin got closer to him, "It is not in my blood, Thorin." As Thorin stopped right in front of Kili, I could feel Ravenna boring holes into the back of my skull as she sulked in the corner of the room. Thorin's response surprised me, and also brought a few tears out of my eyes, "No, it is not. We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight." The two dwarves smiled at one another and touched their foreheads together, a symbol of love and forgiveness in dwarvish culture. I stood up beside Fili as Thorin walked over to the rest of us, "I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me, one last time?" Members of the company nodded and raised their weapons in agreement, and then looked to me. I sighed and looked to Ravenna, which she growled in response, and then looked back to Thorin as he asked, "Please Wisteria. After everything that has happened between us, will you fight?" I smirked, "I haven't fought an army in a while, might as well give it a go. But," I then gestured to the rune stone in my hand, "I want to give you all something first to help you all in the battle." The company looked skeptical as I twiddled the stone style in my hand, "This is a rune stone, in which I can bestow upon each of you a form to battle with and assist you. Now, everyone hold out your left wrist." The company nodded and each offered their left wrist as I walked up to Kili first, "This is obvious, but you get Faedra." I then placed the stone onto Kili's wrist and Faedra's rune appeared on it seconds afterward. And with that, Faedra appeared next to Kili and smiled, "Let's do this." I then turned to Dwalin and pressed the stone into his wrist as I muttered, "Thoran." A black warg appeared at Dwalin's side, which startled some of the company and I sighed, "He's just a warg, calm down." I then went to Fili and muttered, "Aslan." Aslan then appeared next to Fili. I then went to Ori and muttered, "Ascal." Then, a red fox appeared which made some of the company, including Thorin, chuckle. Ascal growled in response, "I may be small, but I can still rip your throat out." That shut up the company as I went to Balin, "Beldri." A black bear almost Balin's height appeared at his side. I went up to Oin and Gloin muttering, "Calni, Thea." An African wild dog and a cheetah appeared next to Oin and Gloin as they stared in awe of these creatures. I then walked towards Bofue, Bifir, and Bombur muttering, "Deryth, Shael, Haell." A jaguar, mountain lion, and polar bear appeared next to their respective dwarf. I went to Dori and Nori and muttered, "Haond and Durnar." A hyena and a dhole then appeared next to the duo. I then stood in the middle of everyone whilst drawing runes in the air whispering the names of other bonds that I wished to release to find their masters, "Arun, go to Bilbo. Tau, go to Thranduil. Zahra, keep my brother safe. Takari and Aolis, fly swiftly to Tauriel and Gandalf. Liluth, help Bard." The starry forms of all six animals appeared in front of me, with Liluth being the newer of the sextuplet as she was a lynx that I hadn't introduced yet, and nodded. They all then disappeared as Dwalin asked, "How are these beasts going to be of any use without anything to protect themselves with?" With a snap of my fingers, each form gained a shining suit of armor (similar to that in the picture except silver colored) to answer Dwalin's question. 

Ascal yipped, "Let's go already!" Thorin looked at me wearily, "Are you sure that they are fit for battle? What about Ravenna?" It was then that the snow leopard sat up from her sulking and sighed as she jumped down to join all of us, "I guess tha...

Ascal yipped, "Let's go already!" Thorin looked at me wearily, "Are you sure that they are fit for battle? What about Ravenna?" It was then that the snow leopard sat up from her sulking and sighed as she jumped down to join all of us, "I guess that you are going to pair me with him then." I nodded as I pressed the stone to Thorin's wrist, "Only if you wish it so." Ravenna paused hesitantly, and Thorin noticed this as he spoke, "I know that I have wronged you Ravenna, as I was controlled by the dragon sickness. I wish to repay that debt. Will you forgive me?" Ravenna smiled as the rune on Thorin's wrist glowed to it's normal state, showing that she had accepted Thorin, "Consider yourself forgiven Thorin Oakenshield. Now, let's go show those orcs what happens when they step foot here." The rest of the company's bonds roared in a war cry as we all headed towards the barrier. Thorin motioned for Bombur sound the horn, in which he did, as the rest of the company smashed the barrier down with a huge golden bell. As we ran out towards the battle, the smaller forms grew to the size of a battle ram to allow all of their bonds to mount them, which they did as Dain yelled, "To the King! To the King!" The company started attacking the orcs as the dwarf army joins in with us. I then morphed into Zaphira and flew into the air, shooting rays of fire at waves of orc beasts.

Liluth's P.O.V:

I morphed out of my spirit form and into my pure form as I made my way over to Bard. I had bonded with him almost instantly when Wisteria met him, but he still didn't know of my existence. As I rounded the corner, I ran into Bard's children. I collided with Bain, and Tilda shrieked when she saw me, "It's one of those rabid animals Bain! Look out!" I immediately sat up and cocked my head, "I am not rabid! I need to find your father, Wisteria sent me!" Sigrid and Bain seemed alarmed at first that I could speak, but shrugged it off as an orc ran in our direction. Bain led them to a safe corner as I launched myself at it, tearing holes and gashes in the orc's face and stomach, ultimately ending him by snapping it's neck. I looked back at the three children as they looked at me in awe as Bain asked, "Who are you?" I smirked as I wiped my paws clean of orc blood, "I am Liluth, I am a lynx form of Wisteria who bonded with your father, Bard. I have come to aid him, and by extention, you three."