Chapter 24

Wisteria's P.O.V:

Not long after Thorin's resurrection, a large celebration was quickly planned to acknowledge the new King under the Mountain, but also the two new upcoming heirs to the throne. I was now out of my battered and bloody armor and changed into a long flowing green dress from my home in the Woodland Realm. I heard a knock at the door of the room that I was changing in, to which I called out, "Come in!" The door opened to reveal Bilbo, who was in a more formal get-up, fit with a embroidered blue tunic and brown pants that weren't scarred from the perils of the previous battle. 

Bilbo smiled once he saw the dress I was in, "You look beautiful Wisteria

Bilbo smiled once he saw the dress I was in, "You look beautiful Wisteria." I smiled as I gestured for the hobbit to come into the room, which he did so promptly, "Thank you, Bilbo. You don't look so bad yourself." Bilbo noticed my slightly hesitant tone and asked, "Are you okay?" I shrugged as I sat down on a ledge overlooking the view from the front of the Mountain, noticing all of the people flooding into the Mountain dressed in as formal attire as they could muster, "I just haven't been at such a large celebration in what feels like years. What if I embarrass myself in front of someone? I won't be setting a good example as a future queen of the Mountain." Bilbo sat down next to me and sighed as he too saw a number of people coming into the Mountain from Dale and the Woodland Realm, "Don't forget that quite a few of these people know what you did for them during the battles with Smog and Azog. You don't need to worry about embarrassing yourself in front of them, they're probably worrying about the same exact thing when talking to you or another member of the company." I gave a small smile as I realized one thing that I hadn't told Bilbo yet, "Bilbo, there's something I need to tell you before I go out there." Bilbo turned his attention to me as I took a deep breath, "My forms... They aren't just animals that can talk... They used to be people. Living, breathing people who died unjustly and were given a second chance at life as one of my forms." Bilbo's eyes widened slightly as he gulped, "Who else knows?" I shrugged as I stood up from the ledge, "My father, my brother, and you are all that know about this. But, I intend to let all of my forms remain as they were before they died for this night so that all of you can meet them as they were in their prime." Bilbo took a moment to process this newfound information, but ultimately gave a genuine smile as he led me out of the room and down to where the festivities were to take place, "Then let's get everyone together to meet them then!" 

~So this is basically going to be a chapter filled with gifs of the characters, for the most part, so bear with me. :) ~

It didn't take long to gather the fourteen members of the company together in a room separated from where the festivities were to take place. Fili was the first to ask the fated question, "What's wrong Wisteria?" I shook my head as I took a deep breath, similar to that of when I did with Bilbo, "Nothing's wrong. I just want to tell you all something really important." Balin smiled warmly, "Then tell us, lass, don't be shy." I smiled as I called all of the company's bonds to my side, gesturing to them once they appeared, "The thing I need to tell you is that each and every one of your bonds used to be a person, maybe it be an elf, human or dwarf. The reason they appear to you as animals are because they were all given a second chance at life as one of my forms when they died unjustly. The reason why I gathered you all here is because they feel that it's time that they meet you as they were before they became one of my forms." I gave the company some time to process this as I had with Bilbo, but was met with the same approval as I had with Bilbo. Thorin nodded to me, "Then let's get on with it, shall we?" I smiled and turned to Ascal, who was the first to volunteer. With a small wave of my hand, Ascal's red and black fox fur melted away until he phased into his pure form, his human form. He ruffled his black hair slightly as he introduced himself, "Hi... I'm Ascal."