Chapter 21

Faedra's P.O.V:

We hadn't been searching the outside of the towers for very long until Fili had decided that it was somewhat safe to enter the main room of the towers. Inside was a long spiral staircase that didn't seem to end and walls that were way too narrow for a normal man to walk inside without feeling claustrophobic. I stuck next to Kili's side as we made our way through the first few levels, and it was then that we heard a noise from the upper levels of the tower. I jumped and yet out a muffled yelp when I heard the sound, which resulted in me nearly running into Kili, but I quickly recovered from the initial shock. Fili seemed to notice my uneasiness and whispered to his brother, "Stay here, search the lower levels. I've got this." I could tell that Kili was reluctant to leave the company of his brother, but Aslan nodded to Kili, "I will look after him. No harm will come to him." Kili seemed to accept this answer and motioned for me to follow him into the lower levels of the towers, leaving Aslan and Fili to search for the source of the noise. It turns out, though, that our plan wasn't as safe as we thought. It wasn't but five minutes later, that I heard a muffled roar from Aslan from the highest level of the tower. I started to run up the stairs to help my dear friend, but Kili was thinking otherwise, "No Faedra! We have to stay here." I let out a meek growl, "Did you not hear that? That was Aslan! He's in trouble!" When Kili didn't respond immediately, I let out a sigh and ran past the dwarf to get to the last level of the tower. "Where are you going?" Kili whisper-yelled as he followed me down the staircase. I responded with, "I'm going to help my best friend."

Ravenna's P.O.V:

It had only been about ten minutes after Fili and Kili left with Aslan and Faedra to scout the Ravenhill towers when Dwalin and Thorin started to wait impatiently. The disembodied corpses of several dozen goblin mercenaries laid at our feet as I started to clean some of the goblin blood off of my black and white spotted fur. Dwalin grumbled as he kept scanning the immediate area for Azog, "Where is that Orc filth?" Before Thoran or I could think of a logical answer, Bilbo suddenly appeared nearby out of thin air gasping for breath, "Thorin!" Thorin ran up to the hobbit, simultaneously checking for wounds and any news from him, "Bilbo." Bilbo waved Thorin off slightly and gained his breath back as he spoke to the four of us, "You have to leave here. Now! Azog has another army, attacking from the north. This watchtower will be completely surrounded, there'll be no way out." Dwalin shook his head in denial as I came closer to Thorin's side, "We are so close. That Orc scum is in there. I say we push on." Thorin thought for a split moment, but then interrupted Dwalin's plan that he was forming as he realized its fatal flaw, "No! That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in. This is a trap." Thorin paced for a second and then turned to Dwalin once more, "Find Fili and Kili, call them back." Dwalin's brow raised slightly as he asked, "Thorin, are you sure about this?" Thorin took a second to think about his decision but ultimately nodded in agreement, "Do it. We live to fight another day."

I knew Azog was up on the tower watching us before I heard the noises him and his army created from the towers. I jumped slightly at the noise, but my body started to weaken when I saw that Azog was holding Fili in the air and Aslan was being slightly pushed over the edge by a couple more orcs. Bilbo gasped once he saw what I was seeing, "Oh no." Before I could even think about how to help Aslan and Fili, I heard the familiar screech of Wisteria's Phoenix form, Gilisha, in the distance. I turned my head over my shoulder to confirm what I heard, and as soon as I saw Wisteria the smirk on my face began to grow. Before she touched the ground, Wisteria morphed back into her normal elven form and landed right next to Thorin and growled with bright shining purple eyes, "Let him go Azog!" Azog seemed to let out a small chuckle as I began to growl, my fur ruffling up to make myself look bigger, "Leave Aslan alone!" It seemed like almost a century before Azog spoke again, "This one dies first. Then the brother. Then you, Oakenshield. You will die last. And then the she-elf and her beasts shall serve me for the rest of her immortal life!" I saw Fili and Wisteria met each other's gaze as Fili cried out meekly, "Go. Run!" It was then that everything seemed to slow down to a stop as I saw both Azog and the main Orc that was holding Aslan back pull out their long jagged swords and point them into both Fili and Aslan's back. Right as they pointed the sword at the area near Aslan's heart, I felt something snap inside me. Without thinking of the consequences, I leaped across the rocky gorge that separated us from the orcs at the top of the tower and barreled straight into Azog, saving Fili from getting impaled but also causing him and Aslan to fall to the bottom of the tower. Azog, though, thought he had impaled Fili as he watched Fili fall off the edge of the tower as he yelled, "Here ends your filthy bloodline!" I saw Wisteria dive down after Fili and Aslan, but I also was distracted by this and saw Kili, thinking his brother had been killed, start to run to the top of the tower. I was then cornered by the multitude of orcs that were still at the top of the towers. It then comes to me that I probably should have thought this "plan" out more, but I knew that I had to get back to Thorin somehow to prevent him from doing something stupid. I somehow found the strength to plow through the army of orcs in front of me and leap off the edge of the tower back to where Thorin was, and barely made it across. I landed oddly on my right front paw, which made me groan in slight pain as I nearly barreled back into Thorin and Dwalin. Surprisingly, Dwalin caught me somewhat which reduced the damage to my paw, but I knew that I had fractured something. I muttered a quick, "Thank you Dwalin," and he nodded as a response. I shook myself off him but immediately recoiled from the pain in my paw, "I think my paw's fractured. I won't be much of use to you three." I then met Thorin's gaze and nodded, "Go. Find Kili, make sure he isn't going to get himself hurt." Thorin then looked over at the horizon and saw his nephew running up the stairs of the tower and ran after him, "Kili!" Dwalin then hesitantly ran after the dwarf lord but broke into a run once Thoran said, "I'll keep her safe. Go." As Dwalin got out of his line of vision, Thoran returned his attention to me. He sniffed my hurt paw and muttered, "This would be easier for Beldri to treat if you weren't a snow leopard right now." I nodded as I leaned up against him for support, "I know. But only Wisteria can change that."

Aslan's P.O.V:

Fili and I landed at the bottom of the chasm with him on top of me. Even though I was happy that I broke his fall, my right shoulder was now in extreme pain. Fili's breaths were scattered and shallow as we attempted to regain our breath. It wasn't until I felt a familiar presence nearby that I knew that we were still alive. Wisteria crouched down next to us and helped Fili to his feet, "Fili! Are you okay?" Fili shrugged off the slight amount of pain he was in, "That was nothing Wisteria, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes as I attempted to regain my footing, keyword attempted, "You and I fell off a nearly ten-story tower, you have to be in some sort of pain." I eventually got back up on my feet, only to have a sharp pain shoot through my right shoulder and make me whine in pain, making Wisteria's attention turn to me, "Aslan! We need to get you to a healer." I shook my head as I limped over to the side of the cliff that Ravenna and Thoran used to be on top of, "No, you need to get to Kili. Make sure that he and Faedra are safe. I will only slow you down." I could tell that Wisteria and Fili were conflicted between helping me and going to help Kili and Faedra, so I made the decision for them and roared to distract the incoming forces of Orcs and giant bats arriving at Ravenhill, "GO!" As soon as I roared, Wisteria grabbed onto Fili and the two ran up the stairs to intercept Kili and Faedra. 

I eventually made my way back up the cliff to where Dwalin and Bilbo were fighting off the forces of Orcs, my shoulder burning in pain. I began to fight off some of the Orcs that saw me immediately , but I knew that I was in no condition to fight in my current form. I heard Bolg yell out orders to the other Orcs, "Slay them all!" It wasn't much longer that the Orcs I was fighting found out my fatal weakness and began to repeatedly bruise my shoulder even more than it currently was. This caused me to let out roars of anguish, which were responded to by the screeches of Takari and the growls of Zahra. Takari flew in from the sky and dive-bombed several Orcs as Zahra leaped in front me and annihilated the Orcs that threatened me. Once the Orcs were focused on fighting other foes, I saw Kili fighting with the Orcs on the tower, "No. Kili!" Before I could even think about helping the young dwarf prince, Zahra and Takari pulled me to the side, "You need to lay low Aslan, you have some severe injuries that need to be attended to." I shook my head at first, but the look in Zahra's tone made me stop, "I know that you care for Faedra, but you need to set aside those feelings and get yourself to a healer. What would Faedra think?" I paused for a moment and then sighed, "She would want me to help myself." When Zahra believed she got her point across, she nodded to Takari and the two continued to fight the remaining forces of Orcs. Once Zahra was out of my line of sight, I looked once more at the tower that Kili and Faedra were on and still saw them fighting for their lives to get to Bolg and Azog. Time seemed to trickle to a stop as I made my decision. My life would certainly be risked if I decided to do this, but a life without Faedra was one that I didn't want to live in. As soon as I got my bearings together and decided, I jumped across the canyon of a cliff to help the silver wolf that stole my heart.

A/N:

Hey, guys! So something went wrong in this chapter because it got uploaded to Wattpad weird. So I've fixed it, and hopefully, it won't happen again! :)