Chapter 22

Faedra's P.O.V:

As Kili and I slowly gained upwards towards where Azog was, somehow the both of us got separated on opposite sides of a large plateau near the top of the towers. Seemingly endless streams of orcs and goblins seemed to flood from all directions and I heard Aslan's familiar roars mixed with Wisteria's cries in the distance, "Kili! Faedra!" I looked to Kili within the midst of the battle, and we locked gazes and we both realized who the cries were from at the exact same time. Kili called out as he continued to advance forward, "Wisteria!" Not long after I heard Wisteria's cry get louder, "Kili!" I saw Wisteria appear out of the corner of my eye, but I wasn't quick enough to spot Bolg right behind her, "Wisteria look out!" 

Before Wisteria could react, Bolg attacks her from behind and throws her against a wall. Kili rushed to her defense, but as soon as I saw the knife Bolg was going to stab Kili with, I leaped in-between them and used my hind legs to propel Bolg from Kili, which led to a sharp pain in my lower abdomen but I disregarded it as I stood along with Aslan in front of Kili and Wisteria protectively with our teeth bared. Aslan and I caught each other's glance out of the corner of our eyes and we launched ourselves at Bolg in unison, tearing through his metal-ridden flesh with tooth and claw. This then resulted in us pushing Bolg down the edge and us with him. I heard Fili and Kili yell our names, but Aslan and I were too focused on ending Bolg. It isn't long afterward that I hear a war beast ram into a nearby tower and I saw the tower start to fall adjacent to ours, with Legolas and Zahra running on top of it like a bridge. This distracted me, though, and it gave Bolg the chance to take his knife and slice me across the shoulder. I let out a yelp of pain and stumbled backward, and nearly fell off the ledge the three of us were on. Aslan heard my yelp and pushed Bolg off the ledge to where Legolas and Zahra could deal with the monster. As soon as I saw Bolg fall into the crumbling tower, I let out a sigh of relief but cringed in immense pain.

Aslan's P.O.V:
~Play the song now if you want~

I immediately rushed to Faedra's side once Legolas and Zahra started to deal with Bolg. Her once snowy-white coat was now splotched with her crimson red blood near her right shoulder and her abdomen area. Faedra slumped to the ground next to me and I called out, "Kili! Fili! Wisteria! Help!" Not a moment after I had called out, I saw the familiar forms of the two dwarves and she-elf as I attempted to lift Faedra up to them. The pain in my shoulder was making the attempt difficult on my part, but I bared with it as Fili and Kili grabbed Faedra and then me afterward. Once I heard Faedra whimper from immense pain, I set aside the pain I was feeling and attempted to tend to her. I saw Kili look at his wrist in the corner of my eye, and I rushed to him, "Is it still glowing? The rune, is it still glowing!?!" When Kili didn't immediately respond, I felt my eyes turn a shade of bright gold and grabbed Kili's wrist to see the once glowing blue rune was now turning black and gray.

Once Wisteria saw this, I saw tears start to well in her eyes. Kili seemed to get the hint, and rushed to Faedra's side with tears in his eyes as well, "We have to heal her! Aslan, do something!" I choked back some of my own tears, "She has to go back into her spirit form, only then can she heal." Faedra whimpered as she nudged her head into his arms, "D-Don't worry about me K-Kili. Your uncle's in danger. H-He's fighting with Azog atop the icy falls. Ravenna's with him... help her... help them... please." It was then that Faedra's physical body disappeared and was replaced with her spirit form, her white fur now patterned with bright blue markings. Kili stood up, a mournful look in his eyes, and grabbed the hilt of his sword, "Let's go kill Azog."

~Song part ends here~

Ravenna's P.O.V:

I let out a small sigh of relief when I finally found Thorin with the help of Thoran. At the same time, I growled when I saw Azog advancing on Thorin with a huge boulder that he swung side to side. I leaped down from the small hill that Thoran and I were on to aid my bond, ignoring the pain in my paw from before. When I got to Thorin, Azog swung his boulder in an attempt to hit Thorin, but it only broke the ice around himself and the boulder eventually got stuck in the ice. I took this opportunity to claw Azog in the face and jumping out of the way before he could grab me. I heard Thorin call out, "Ravenna! Where's Fili and Kili?" I shook my head, "I don't know. All I know is that Aslan and Faedra are with them." My ears then picked up the distant cries of the Great Eagles, "The Eagles are here!" I heard Thoran cry out as Thorin slides over to Azog's boulder. Before I could react, Thorin threw Azog's boulder over to him, making him slip down the broken ice and sink into the water. I slowly made my way over to Thorin, without falling into the freezing water, and muttered, "It's over..." I saw Thorin smirk slightly as we both watched Azog float in the water, "I guess so."