Chapter 4: To Protect

Chapter 4 is here! Hope you guys enjoy!!!!

"T-tomoya?" She stared into my eyes, not recognizing me behind the mask. "Tomoya!" I cried stepping towards her, ready to envelope her in a hug. Before i reached her, she fainted before my eyes and i caught her before she hit the ground. "T-tomoya..." I hugged her close to me.....

Why was she here? i thought, why was she here of all places? suddenly realization him me...she was taught music by Miss Tanaka, Mr Tanaka's daughter-in-law....she was here...but how was she not killed then? I held her close to me...her body cold. I should have listened to Akira...i can't kill wrecklessly anymore without planning and everything else...i have to keep and eye on all the people and witnesses and-...witness..I-I have to kill Tomoya? 

I looked down at her unconscious face. "No! No, I can't kill you!" i hugged her to my chest. "Anyone but you! You're the only one who saw me as a true friend and not some monster...you're one of my family..." I felt tears well up in my eyes but i blinked them back. "Look at me! One minute im killing off troups next minute i'm crying over you!" I buried my face in her chest. "I can't kill you, not after all you've done for me..." 

I closed my eyes... "I'll protect you, Tomoya...just like you protected me from turning into a monster..." i looked around and all the dead bodies around us, "Or at least not as ferocious a monster..." A sighed.. "Tomoya...when you wake...you won't remember anything." i said putting a hand to her forehead. In a blink of an eye, her memory of that moment was gone. "You won't remember anything...this way i will never have to kill you."  

"Tsk tsk tsk Ichirou..." I turned to see Akira walking towards me, a smirk on his face. "I'd never thought I'd see you actually sympathizing someone.." he said laughing. "Shut up!" i snapped at him. "Ichirou, i hate to break it to you, but you're gonna have to kill her, she's a witness."  I frowned at him. "I took away that memory, she doesn't remember anything of that moment."

"Ichirou, Ichirou, haven't you realised that she would start wondering what happened in that little blank in her memory? As soon as that happens, she's going to start piecing things together and then what happens? sooner or later she'll remember everything again! she'll remember all those dead bodies and she'll remember seeing you!" he said pointing at me.

"no! I'll just take that memory away again! " I said hugging her close to me. "I'll do it again and again so i'll never have to kill her...besides! She doesn't know it's ME! She only sees a masked person!" "Sooner or later she'll find out, Ichirou. You've told me countlesss times of how she could be a younger female Sherlock Holmes." I shook my head furiously. "She won't! I'll take that memory away!" 

"Ichirou, ever wondered why we don't let you use memory spells on witnesses?" Akira asked looking around. "No..." i murmured glancing down at Tomoya. "It's because we use to have a dude who could erase memories too, but all those people he did the spells on? They ended up remembering EVERYTHING!" "T-that's not possible! They shouldn't remember!"  "Ichirou, i know you're definetly stronger than that dude, but in the end, they ALWAYS remember. Those memory things don't last forever.

"Akira, Please!  Don't tell them about Tomoya. " I begged him. "Tell them we killed every last being." "And what makes you think I'm going to do that? I swore my loyalty and honesty to Musuku." he said folding his arms and kicking some rocks across the crimson floor. "If you tell a soul, I'll..I-'ll kill you." i threatened. "Boy, you don't know your own strength and you certainly don't know mine. You might be a vampire and stuff, but it doesn't mean you're any stronger than me." 

"Just promise you won't tell anyone!" i begged. "Hm.....fine but under on condition." he said smirking. "and what would that be?" i asked. "You must swear your loyalty to me and you will never point your sword at me, EVER!" I stared at him for a few seconds. "Promise?" I hesitated but nodded. "Promise." He smirked.

"Good," he turned to go, "oh and one more thing, if they find out about Tomoya..not through me...the whole of Musuku will be out to get her. It is either you kill her, or anyone else in Musuku, and if you protect her, they'll find a way to change your mind. Either through ..well just pursuading you...or possibly black mail. That's Musuku." 

I gulped and took a deep breathe. "What ever happens, i will NOT let Tomoya die, if she dies, so will I. She's the only reason that i still have my conscience...she was the first person to see me as a being and NOT a monster Tomoya, Misa, those are the only two people who i live for." Akira sighed rubbing his head. "Suit yourself, boy, but if that happens, i won't be there to stop you from dying. Not because i can't, i won't." 

I understood why he'd do that, if he went against Musuku, he was as good as dead.. If he dared strike at Musuku, he'd be in hell in a blink of an eye. 

I carefully picked Tomoya up. wrapping her in the part of my cape that was not stained red. "Lets just get out of here, you promised to not tell a soul. You better keep that promise." He smirked. "Sure I will, sure i will.." 

**

I was back home, Tomoya in my arms. I slowly carried her in and lay her on the couch. Misa came running in. "Onii-" she stopped midway in her sentence and stared at my blood stained uniform. "Oniisama! what happened!" i realised i had not changed yet because i went straight home from the Tanaka Music Industry.  "Its nothing, Misa." i said rubbing her head. 

I placed a kiss on her cheek and she squealed and ran out of the room. I smiled and chuckled to myself. "Ugh..." i heard Tomoya murmur in her sleep..."M-masked m-man...k-kill..r-run..." i gasped. "Tomoya, don't ever say such a thing again." i said. "Please..." i knew that she was unconsious...i knew she didn't really remember it...but..it seemed like she did. 

My phone rang and i quickly dived for it in my pocket. I had got a text message from Akira. 

Ichirou, Yuuki wants us to report on today's attack, get here now. 

hope you guys enjoyed! chapter 5 will be out super super soon!