Chapter 10: Goodbye - Final Chapter

woo, so this is the final chapter. I hope you like it!

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I opened my eyes and, immediately, cringed at the bright lighting of the room. "Huh?" I tried to sit up, but a sharp pain in my abdomen stopped me. "Where am i?" After I looked around for sometime, it finally hit me. i was in a hospital.

The walls were painfully white and strapped to me was a heart rate monitor.

Beep.

Beep.

Be- Crack.

It was annoying.

I pulled off the strange wires and straps that connected me to the monitor and slid off the bed, ignoring the pain. The ice cold floor made me cringe at touch, but it didn't matter. I had to get out. 

I was just about to wrench open the window when the nurse burst into the room, "Sir! Sir! You shouldn't be out of bed! Oh my- what happened to the monitor? Never mind, lets get you ba-" 

"Sleep." i commanded waving my hand over her head. She was out like a light with a purple haze around her head. "Works like a charm." I said opening the window and peering down the 10 storie drop. "I'll avenge you, Tomoya.... Mom, Dad..Oniisan.. No matter how long it takes." 

I bit back the tears. I was a man so i was not going to cry anymore and, before the next nurse burst into the room, i let go of the window.

I fell.

**

5 years later

I sat down infront of the grave with my hands around a round object. "Misa, i'm sorry it took so long, but i've avenged you." Looking down the line of tombstones, i smiled. "Look, Mom, Dad, Oniisan, Misa.. I've avenged you all. You can all rest in peace now." 

I looked down at the round object in my bloody hands. "Sotetsu, you bastard. Why did you have to make waste 5 years of my life searching for you? I could've been with Tomoya this entire time..." 

Sighing, i looked at the sky and lay down on the dirt  with the round object in my hand. "You know, I would've been nicer to you if you gave in 5 years ago... you knew it yourself didn't you? You knew you couldn't run away.. so why did you? And why did you go ahead and put Misa to sleep too?" Tears slid down the sides of my face and i breathed out a puff of steam. 

"You really are a stupid old bastard." I frowned picking the object up and I walked to the end of the line of tombstones, before walking back slowly, saying something to each.

"Dad, look. I took out all of Musuku. You must be really proud of me right? I remember you told me that Zodiakku was the evil in the world who would harm the royals, but look. I've taken them all out! So you don't have to worry about the Majesty's anymore. Sleep well."

"Mom, I'm still wearing the last jersey you knit for me. It's getting a bit small now... haha.. but.. look! i've taken good care of it! Are you happy? And look, i've saved the Crowns! And i've been looking after myself in the process. I made sure to eat and sleep well these pass years so don't worry."

"Oniisan, I've grown up now. I'm finally taller than you. haha...i remember when you used to call me shorty. i should probably say that to you now, but 'Oniisan' is fine with me. Look, Oniisan, I've become a great vampire. I've destroyed are family's greatest enemy. It's all because of everything you taught me. Thank you Oniisan. You can sleep happily now."

"Misa, i've been bringing you your favorite blue berry cookies every week since you fell asleep. i didn't want to let you get hungry. You still like them even now, right? haha, well i hope you do. And if you didn't know, Mr Barry the Bat is sleeping down there with you too. I remember how you hated sleeping alone. Well now, you'll always have someone with you. Sleep tight, Misa."

By the time i finished, my face was wet with tears. "Haha... I'm.. Crying.. Look, Sotetsu, i'm really pathetic aren't i? You were right when you called me a cry baby when we first met... nearly 14 years ago, was it? " I chuckled lightly and said,"Be thankful i'm returning this to you." i said chucking the round object at Sotetsu's headless body by Akira's grave. "Look, i even put you with your 'faithful servant'." 

I wiped my eyes and made my way to the last tombstone. I sat down infront of it, tracing the words that formed the name of my most important. 

"Tomoya," I breathed smiling. " How have you been?" My smile was shaking and my voice was starting to crack as i said, "I-i'm sorry that you had to go through so much pain. It isn't too sore now, is it?" The tears started to trickle down. "I'm coming to see you. So wait for me." My vision was blurring. "I promise i won't take long. So wait for me." My hands were shaking as i touched the stone. "I promise i won't wait till the last minute .. to say that i love you.. so wait for me." 

I took a deep breathe in and calmed myself. "Don't worry, i haven't forgotten it yet." I said with a smile, "Look, i lived on. It's already been 5 years now.. and look, i'm happy too." I reached into my pocket saying, "I've fulfilled everything that i need to do and i've kept my promises. "

"We'll be together forever..." i smiled gently as I slowly took out my gun and raised it to my head and pulled the trigger.

"...Just like we promised."