Chapter 8: Far away

I am going to finish the final chapters in one go so wish me luck!

My blurred vision was clouded in red and distrauted, but i could see quite easily that my hands were wet with the blood of many...including my own... How did i end up here? 

Earlier

I've heard guns more than i've heard people talking. It was a natural thing for me... that was.. besides now. Bang! My heart was cracking up. Bang! My head was aching. Bang! I felt like my life was seeming out of my hands...but i wasn't the one dying.

I couldn't do anything. I was frozen to the cold ground as my little figure of happiness was destroyed right before me... i couldn't do anything... at all. I couldn't save her. I couldn't stop her. I couldn't even catch her. I just watched her collapse, writhing in pain. And that was when my senses hit me.

"TOMOYA!" I raced forward, tripping over my feet before i reached her. "NO!" My head connected with the cold hard ground as i fell and i felt my chin bleeding, but i couldn't stop now. I grabbed a handful of the earth and struggled to my feet before racing to her side... but there was nothing i could do now.

"I-ichirou..." Her eyes were barely open as she looked up to me, "Y-you're okay..."

I gently held her hands,"Tomoya.. I-" Bang! A piercing pain flew through my body from my back and i felt my vision blur. I whipped my head around, feeling my blood boil. I remembered. They were the ones that hurt her... and they were the ones who were going to pay. "Hang on, Tomoya..." i whispered, standing to my feet.

"Ichirou..." Her eyes were wide, "No... don't...please... run!" Her pleaing words clawed at my heart, but i turned them away to face the crowd of sixty or so men. "No! Ichirou!"

My eyes focused on Sotetsu. The man who i thought was going to help me avenge my family, my loved ones.. mother, father, onisan..and so that Misa will never be in harms way again.. How could i've been this stupid?

He was looking at me with a sickening smile plastered to his face. "Hah, wasn't that such a sweet scene? The little nightingale sacraficed itself for a murdurer of her kind. Tch, now that's not something you see everyday. Lovely play you put on there."

"How... did you find out?" I growled, "Who told you?!" My body was hot and if i started, i wouldn't be able to stop myself.

"My faithful servant, Akira." He said smoothly, gesturing to the man i once called my mentor, partner and friend. "This goes to show who is the loyal one. Now lets finish this." At his word, all opened fire on me, but, hah, i was a vampire. 

Even thought I was already hurt, humans were no match for me, a vampire, the Bloodstained Blue Rose. My feet flew across the ground as my clawed hands collided with a group of my 'comrades'. It was a pleasure ripping their intestines out. The sound of guns drove me on and by the time i'd finished the last of them off, my body was a host of pain and blood.

"There's something missing..." i muttered knowing that i was forgetting something. I turned around on the spot, trying to ignore the pains all over my body while my red eyes scanned the darkness, and that was when i spotted him.

He slid down the tree to the ground and casually walked into the light. His eyes showed calmness, but even his best facade couldn't hide the fear that cloaked his entire being. He was up against me without his little servants. 

"Looks like it's just you and me, Ichirou." he said in a serious tone. "Lets see how you fare against the one who's taught you all you know." His hand slid out behind him with a gun, ready for action.