1 - November 30, 2027

It was Sunday and the mall was full of people. Everything was on sale, including the food stalls. It was a bright day for me, a bright day to enjoy the mall.

     There was a 50% discount at De Vonne. I checked it out and saw all of there discounted merchandises. They were nice, some were glossy and some have beads on them. Although there was a dress, a long dress with a flowery print that caught my eye.

     As I was approaching, the excitement raised and all I can see was the beauty of the dress. I was running faster than ever when suddenly, another customer took it.

     I wish she was never born, I thought. I went to the cashier and asked if they have another stock of the same dress.

     "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. That dress that the lady took was our final stock. Sorry, but there are still other dresses that you might like," she apologized.

     I was disappointed and I feel depressed a little. That dress was supposed to be for Amy, a friend of mine. Tomorrow's her birthday and she will be turning 23. I thought of giving her a nice dress as a gift, but I guess I have to search again.

     It was already noon so I ate at a cheap restaurant. As I was eating, I was imagining what present will I give Amy. She loves blue flowers and she loves shoes, especially flats. I was thinking of buying her flats instead of a dress, however I don't know her shoe size. Buying a dress will also be quite hard because, you can't find any other dress like the one a while ago.

     After eating, I went on for another search for a beautiful dress pattern. Nothing really intricate caught my eye, when suddenly my phone rang. It was a message from auntie.

     Hey, where are you now? So have you found a good present for that friend of yours? If yes, hurry home now. I prepared some onion rings for you ( I am assuming you have eaten your lunch ).

     Take care and don't talk to strangers.

     Auntie, she was always there whenever I need her. She was just like my mother; beautiful and loving. I knew that she was my second home.

     While I was looking at the clothesline in March Avenue, I felt kind of dizzy. I don't know why, however I was  pretty sure  I drank enough water, ate enough and wasn't dehydrated. It was weird though and thinking that it was already the beginning of winter.

     I went to the cashier and asked for a glass of water. She gave me one, by the looks of it, she looks like her thoughts were wandering around. I looked at my surroundings. Each dress, each pair of  shoes, everything was beginning to blur. I don't know why but it feels like I'm becoming heavier.

     "Miss, are you alright? You look pale and feels like your feeling dizzy. Is there something wrong or is there something bothering you?" One of the sales clerk asked.

     I shake my head, but actually I am not feeling well. I don't want any body to worry so it might be better if no one would know what I am feeling this very instant.

     Suddenly, a little later, I felt that my body was touching the floor. Everybody surrounded me. Everything was blurry and all I can see was the light bulb and its light. After that, I don't know what happened next. Maybe I should have went to the clinic first. I was pretty much sure I ate breakfast, so what's wrong with this body anyway.

++++++++++

     I woke up, seeing a vague color in front of me. I wasn't sure if it was white or gray, but I can tell it was a lab coat.

     A doctor, for sure. I thought. The visions I'm beginning to see, they were not monochrome. There were syringes everywhere. There were nurses, doctors, all looking down at me. Then I saw auntie, staring back at me, worried and crying like a baby. What must be happening?

     Auntie approached me, "Are you fine? I was so worried the minute the mall called me through your cellular phone." She looks worried. Despite of what's happening, I smiled back at her. I don't want her to feel blue but I guess, this wasn't just a mere faint.

     "Auntie, what happened? Why am I in the hospital? Is this the ward, emergency room?" I was curious. Curious to know everything that was happening. It was weird but I guess, I am a little bit desperate to know.

     She didn't answer. I knew her already. That face that she was making, there is something bad with my  body, but she doesn't want to tell me. She doesn't want me to worry that is why.

     An hour later, the doctor talked to me privately. She looked like thirty-five. She handed the papers out to me and asked me to read it.

     What is this, I am very ill and the symptoms just have immersed only today? What is this? I murmured.

     "Miss, you are ill. That is one virus that only shows up every decade to one in a million people here on earth. There is no cure to that sickness of yours. That virus, it's  unstoppable," she claimed.

     I laughed hard and stared at her,"Doctor, I am a very healthy person. How could this happen? Is this some apocalypse or some curse you've place down on me? You've got to be kidding! "

     "No, I am not kidding. That is an apocalypse in your own body. It is not contagious however it is lethally. Scientists have studied its composition, this virus is immune almost to everything. We cannot heal you. You'll die in less than a month.

     "Hahaha! Are you sure?"

     "Yes. I am sure. More than anything else I suppose you should start crying. Not that I am being mean and brutal but what can you do?"

     She was telling the truth after all. The proof was on the paper itself. What will I do? Is this really it?

     "Umm, thank you. I'll be going anyways."

     Outside, Auntie was waiting. Her worried face stuck in my head up until now. She was approaching more rapidly than usual. Does she know?

     "Auntie, do you know?" I asked. She shook her head. Yup, she doesn't know. The thoughts, they're racing in my head. Should I tell her or not? I don't want her to worry but I don't want to keep a secret either.

     "It was nothing, I just need some rest. Maybe, I need to enroll in another school, I told the doctor that we often hold strenuous activities at school so maybe it would be better to enroll in a school that offers less activities to students. Auntie, is this okay for you?" I asked gently, trying not to get discovered.

     "Ya! As long as you'll be fine. Now, let's go home. I am cooking fish mackerel," she said, seems like she still doesn't know about it. Should I even tell?

     In the end of the day, I decided not to tell. Maybe I should keep it that way until my last breath.