2- December 2, 2027

Today was my first day at Aristotle Academy. It was near our house, maybe a kilometer away. My auntie said the tuition fee was quite expensive but the school offers high quality of education. I can see it. The tuition fee, it is actually worth it.

     The third bell rang and I was late for my first class. Should I get a slip or not. After all I am a new student. They might consider my tardiness just for today.

     While I was running rapidly, I didn't notice the girl carrying some sort of huge box. I accidentally bumped her. She wore the same uniform neatly. It really suited her appearance. For me, I actually looked like a ragdoll. She hurried to pick up the papers. I helped her to pick those up, but it seems she too is also in a hurry.

     "Umm, I am very sorry. I am a new student here but it seems that I'm lost. Do you know where is the engineering class?"

      She looked at me with that face. She was cute but I think that I may have caused her some trouble. "Ya, just turn left after the medicine class. You'll find it there. Anyways, I am fine. I'm okay to be late, I'm excused after all. By the way, what is your name?" She asked.

     "Ahhhhh, my name? You can call me Toria. My full name is Amelia Victoria Fisher. Some of my other friends call me Amelia but I'm quite used to Victoria. I'm really sorry about the box and the papers and everything. Wish I could make it up to you now, but I gotta go so see you!" I said.

     I ran off and at the back of my hand, I knew she was waving goodbye. She is nice and I wish I could be friends with her.....

     Nope, no friends. I don't want anybody to get hurt, finding out that I will die soon. No, this is for your own good Toria.

     The moment I came there, the professor was already discussing. I felt a little bit of embarrassment because I was late. I don't look good in my school uniform. I felt like I wanna throw up. However, I still knocked gently and opened the door.

     Everybody was looking at me, they looked at me with curiosity. Even the professor too. I was worried but I entered the classroom as if I'm not late after all and that they should give me considerations because I'm a new student.

     "Sorry I'm late. I am the new student for this second semester and I will be your classmate. Please be nice to me," I said.
     "Also, my name is Amelia Victoria Fisher. I'm currently 21 years old and I'm not that sociable."

     The professor nodded in my direction and pointed out to a seat. I sat immediately and I quietly paid attention to what was the teacher saying. I have missed quite a lot so maybe, I should pay attention.

     The bell rang, it was already lunch break. The cafeteria wa very spacious and it looks like almost everybody buys food here. It was well ventilated and was well lighted, I could tell that this school was really for rich people only. I was wandering around when suddenly I bumped a person walking. Ahhhhh, it's the girl a while ago.

     "Hey, you're the girl a while ago. You know I'll treat you later dismissal in exchange for the accident for the trouble I have caused you. What's your name by the way?" I asked.

     She was startled at first. I thought she might shout but she began to speak before she could scream, "I'm sorry. I was just shocked by your sudden appearance. It's okay if you don't treat me. I don't really ask for something in return and I'm fine already. The name's Dominicia. Weird right?"

     I shook my head for disapproval. It was a cute name, for me, it does suit her face. She looked at my food and pointed at it. She began to speak again, "Hey, you shouldn't eat that. That burger, it isn't delicious at all. Anyway, let's sit together."

     We sat at the same table, kept on chattering with each other. She's a nice person and she doesn't look like she's not studying. My first impression of her - smart. I didn't know that, but anyway I wish I could live longer. I wanted to be friends with her.

     "Hey, let's be friends! I have a couple of friends in the medicine track. Once they see you as another friend of mine, I'm sure they'll let you join the gang!" She exclaimed. This wasn't suppose to happen but it can't be help.

     "Okay, but are you sure they aren't bullies and they aren't some sort of rascals?" I asked. Was I rude when I asked that, was I being judgemental?

     "Nope. They are absolutely nice people! I wish you get to go along with them someday. They are the friends you can always count on! Trust me."

     Yes, I need friends in this time of crisis. Someone who will share my burden. However I will not let them know about my condition. I will disguise everything and try my best not to be discovered.

     I went immediately to our room so that I will have a free time to arrange my things. While I was approaching the door there was this guy talking to Dominicia. Is this one of her friends?

     I approached the guy, I looked at  his eyes. His eyes, they have the same eyes as my dad's. They remind me of my childhood. Suddenly, he noticed me staring blankly at him. He looked like he was an outgoing guy but I guess it's just my impression.

    "What do you want? Aren't you the new student who was late a while ago," he said. He was calm and serene. He's the guy who doesn't talk much but has friends. Could it be, he is the other guy in Dominicia's gang?

    "Umm, nothing in particular. My, are you the friend of Dominicia?"

    He nodded in approval. Okay, so he is a good guy. I smiled at his direction. He smiled back but not long enough. I thought that he would get angry at me for staring at his eyes, but he didn't. Maybe he isn't that bad after all.

     "I like your eyes, umm what is your name?" I asked.

     He looks at me then he began to speak, "I'm Nicholas. My friends, especially Dominicia, call me Nick. You can call me by that nickname if you want to. And I'm a year older than you."

     His voice, it's so pleasing to the ears. I love the way he talks. His voice is so gentle, just like the way dad tells me bedtime stories.

     He waved his hands as Dominicia left. They were good friends since little, I suppose. "Let's get inside. You know what, you can befriend me if you want. You look like you're the type of person who always cry. Not that I feel pitiful, but you see, it's hard to make friends here in this school. Especially that, you need to show off."

     I nodded. He is nice. I want to be his friend, but I don't want him to get hurt either. Wish that he was my brother. That attitude, you rarely see it these days.

++++++++++

     I went home, pleased of what happened today. Maybe my heart was right. I need to have friends whom I can count on. I need them in the last days.

     Auntie told me to sleep early. It would be a great day for tomorrow, she said. Ya, she is right. It'll be a great tomorrow with everybody.

+++++++++++++++++++

     HEY! CONTINUE AND KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT EVERYTHING!